Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

Nearly...but not quite

She went back into the water last Wednesday, and I asked the yard to put her on the pontoon so I could prepare for the weekend and the Loch Spelve muster.

Everything was go for the weekend, except the weather forecast. It was unutterably bad, south westerly force 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8, and not much better on Sunday. So sadly I decided not to go for it. The first sail of the season is going to be a bit of a shakedown cruise, sorting out the things that inevitably go wrong because they always do, and I wasn't prepared to do the trip in heavy weather. So I didn't go.

Just as well I didn't, because as I was unloading the fresh food for the weekend out of the fridge, I noticed it wasn't cold. As luck wo9uld have it I spotted Ronnie, the guy who installed the fridge, and he came by and sorted it out in no time!

I had a problem earlier as my burgees, which I hoisted yesterday, came apart and one was stuck in the crosstrees, the other was dangling deep under the boat! I had an interesting time recovering the overhead one, with the help of loads of string, the wind and a boathook! I was successful in the end!

Plan B for the weekend then!

Comments