Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

Uphall to Kelso to Blair Atholl

Off on Monday to stay with old pals Susan and Val. They were in good form and we chewed the fat for ages. Last time we saw them was last year, we had lunch in the Hawes Inn at Queensferry with them.
Then off on Tuesday round the Edinburgh bypass and down the A68 towards Kelso. Brilliant day, great view from Soutra all the way from the Isle of May to Arthur's Seat and beyond, the Forth shining blue.

Ju's mum Norah made us very welcome as ever, and we spent two days enjoying her company, and wandering along the bank of the River Tweed with and without Jack.

Thursday we took to the road again, and headed over the Forth Road Bridge (possibly the last time over the old bridge?) and up the M9 and then the A9. Traffic was very heavy heading south, but light going north, so we were OK.

The campsite at Blair Castle is fantastic. It is huge, but very well run, and laid out. We were not crowded in the least last night, and slept our first night in the van this year. Our new downie is extremely comfortable!

This is a photo of Jack on the approach to Blair Castle, firmly on the lead because of the sheep gazing at him from over the way.

Comments