Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

Snow on board

Here's a photo of the boat yesterday morning, covered in a rare layer of snow. I was on board checking out the possibility of fitting refrigeration in our insulated locker in the galley. Turns out it is not only feasible, but fairly simple to install (for the refigeration engineer, that is), so we're going ahead with it.

Ju and I spent the rest of the day fitting new stainless steel louvres to the locker doors in the galley - and very good they look too. Next job is creating a small wooden box to house the new Odyssey engine-start battery, which happily fits into the existing battery locker, because it is so titchy!

Noticed a quantity of diesel lying in the locker under the sink, and traced the source to the stop valves in the feed pipes from and to the tank. At least one of these has leaked before, so we're not happy about this. We'll ask the yard to fix them on Monday.

The new breaker panel is still on hold until the replacement breakers arrive from Merlin. And the solar panel is still in its wrappings, awaiting a batch of clement weather - we can dream!


Comments