Living Well Sailing

25 January 2022
11 March 2016 | Sisters Creek, Marathon, FL
26 February 2016 | Rodriguez Key
23 February 2016 | Dinner Key, Miami, FL
08 February 2016 | Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
04 February 2016 | Volleyball Beach, Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
29 January 2016 | Little Farmers Cay
24 January 2016 | Pipe Creek, still
23 January 2016 | Pipe Creek near Rat Cay and the Mice
18 January 2016 | Pipe Creek by Over Yonder
12 January 2016
02 January 2016 | Bimini Bahamas
31 December 2015
25 December 2015 | Sisters Creek
17 February 2014
20 January 2014
11 January 2014 | Marathon, Fl
24 October 2013 | CHBS
20 October 2013
22 September 2013 | Bloomington, In

Sailing continues. Warderick to Pipe Creek

18 January 2016 | Pipe Creek by Over Yonder
January 12. The seas calmed about 2000hrs (8:00pm) and we had a great night off Normans Cay. Over a dozen anchor lights were observed on the inside of the cay. Six boats on the beach side including us. The Clipper ship Sheri is cooking on came in early morning. We hauled anchor at 0930 and headed for Warderick Wells South Anchorage at Hog Cay. This is close to the Pirates Lair that MA likes. Gratitude, Sanity II, and Living Well have arranged moorings there. We will probably stay 4-5 nights.

January 13. Dinghied around South end of Warderick and up to Park Office through Emerald Rock. Only 5 boats moored. Checked in and paid BNT dues and $30/night mooring. Dinghied back to boat for lunch and then ashore for a walk. Pirate Lair was disgusting. The fresh water well had been clogged and the recent rains had filled the entire basin where the sleeping areas had been. The water was stagnant and green algae was abundant. The fire pit was under water, also. What a shame. At five pm we had social on shore with all five boats in the South mooring field. A good time. Dark when we left for boats and the Hunter 30, Solano, had dinghy motor issues and Steve pulled them off the rocks and to their boat. Winds are 20+ and predicted at 30+ tomorrow.

January 14. Winds were as predicted and we stayed on board all day. Installed 2nd electronic thermostat and both thermocouples and now have separate control over fz and ff temps. Working very well for now. Want to install pump for condenser cooling but need a few more parts.
Great dinner with meat loaf, potatoes, salad and good company ( Mary Ann).

January 15. Strong winds overnight and coupled with tidal flow made some interesting conflict of forces. Cleaned up some odds and ends and then radioed Gratitude and Sanity II for a shore lunch. A couple of Norwegians hiked in from the North end and chatted awhile. They were walking and mapping the trails to place an geo-hiker or something similar. Willie Dawes is leaving tomorrow to head South. Dinghies around the entire Hog Cay mooring area then back to the boat for some serious contemplating about what to do next. I may have to sleep on that.

January 16, arose to a beautiful day and after concurring with the others decided to use it to move to Cambridge. Got everything stowed and made the three hour tour to Cambridge, picking up the last ball available for boats under 60' but less than 150'. A really nice day so we had lunch then loaded up the snorkeling gear and headed to the Sea Aquarium. Arrived right at high tide and had a great swim. The tide started out and surprised me at how quick it picked up. It surprised Lauren even more as she was unable to get back to the pocket and Dave took the dinghy to pick her up. Returned to the moorings and settled in for a dinner for six on Living Well of potato soup and cornbread withLaurens homemade coleslaw and Mary A.s fresh baked cookies. A lively game of Farkle kept us all up into the wee hours (9:30 pm) and it was a good night for Steve because Mary Ann won and there was peace on the boat.

January 17. Windy and sunny to start so the six of us dinghies to shore for a walk to the Sound side and little Bell Rock. Returned to the dinghy and found that the prudent ones had anchored the dinghy nose to the wind and waves and the rest of us bailed water to get the dinghies ready for the return. The projected squalls came, blew, rained, and left. Pizzas tonight.

January 18. A good day to move, so we made the short run to Pipe Creek and got all three boats anchored. Van and Lauren went visiting, Dave and Mary went to Compass Cay Marina, and S & MA relaxed on the boat. Dave and Mary returned to say that Compass Cay Marina charges $10 per person to step on the dock regardless of purchases. Ouch.
Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 42' CC Sloop
Hailing Port: Bloomington, IN USA
Crew: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Living Well's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
4 Photos
Created 2 January 2016
Sailing Photos
1 Photo | 13 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2010

Nassau

Who: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Port: Bloomington, IN USA