Race Lochaber

05 September 2012 | Lake Superior & Back Over One Month
04 July 2012 | Milwaukee to S. Haven
26 November 2011 | Lake Michigan
22 June 2011 | OFF MUSKEGON
09 June 2011 | MUSKEGON
22 May 2011 | Still on the Damn Hard, Muskegon
04 May 2011
31 March 2011 | Muskegon
22 March 2011 | Offshore Beam Reach To Pt. Wash
22 March 2011 | On the Hard in Muskegon

Bottom's Up/Stage Two

22 May 2011 | Still on the Damn Hard, Muskegon
IFFY
After two weeks of sanding, filling, fairing, sanding, filling, fairing (see bad weather), Lochaber FINALLY got her first two layers of Interprotect 2000e Barrier Coat. Friday and Saturday (5/20 and 5/21). First grey, then white. Next week, hopefully (see weather) she'll get 2-3 more, the final one coming after she's moved on her cradle so the spots under the pads can be sanded (read remove ALL old blue paint), faired, etc. We've been focusing on the first 2/5ths of the bottom, but not ignoring all little pock marks (sand, fill and make fair), as this is where she parts the waves and builds speed (See Lochaber, the Fair Land Where Magical Waters Flow Over, Aye!). With any luck (see weather) and some help (Guys, we're almost there!), The Big Girl will have all of here bottom makeover finished by the end of Memorial Day Weekend and ready for launch June 3, 10 a.m. She may slip at Torresen's for a week post-launch while she's rigged and electrical work is completed. Stay tuned on that.

Special thanks to all who have contributed -- either via CA$H or sweat equity -- to this year's arduous commissioning!
Comments
Vessel Name: Lochaber
Vessel Make/Model: 1973 Tartan 41 Tall Rig, Deep Keel: Hull No. 17
Hailing Port: Muskegon, Michigan
Crew: Julie, Adam, Chris, Noah, Jake, Kent, John, Marv
About: Scoundrals everyone of 'em
Extra: Lochaber and crew are wrapping up our 5th season on the Great Lakes, racing and cruising. Highlights include Queens Cup and month-long cruise up to Lake Superior and back.

Tartan 41 Lochaber

Who: Julie, Adam, Chris, Noah, Jake, Kent, John, Marv
Port: Muskegon, Michigan