Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

New stove and old friend

09 July 2012 | Trident Yacht Club
Saturday July 3, 2012-Sunday July 07,2012

Location
Trident Yacht Club
‪1699 Trident Yacht Club Ln, Gananoque‬
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en

The new stove arrived yesterday THANKS TO BOB NICOL who picked it up at West Marine in Kingston and delivered it to Trident Yacht Club. The stove is almost installed. It never goes without a hitch however; the old propane line is too short so we will need to find a longer replacement in Gananoque.

Thinking back to the day we moved on board sitting in our slip at PEYC in Picton
a few wonderful things happened.
I was busy trying to decide where to put all of the stuff we had dragged on board, when I heard a voice from my past. There standing beside my boat was Charles Wilton, a child hood friend I had not seen in 45 years. Growing up in Orillia there were four of us Mick, Robin, Charlie and myself, best of friends and inseparable through out public school and on in to high school. By the end of high school we had gone our separate ways, Mick off to be a police officer with the OPP, I went off to college and eventually into the film industry in Toronto and Robin and Charlie went west to British Columbia. We moved to Picton in 2003 and it is quite remarkable to find that Mick lives on Sheba Island near the town of Picton and even more astonishing that Charlie should drop back into our lives as we start this new chapter. I start this adventure by revisiting my past; how weird is that?

We met up again with Charlie in Kingston (missing the reenactment in Bath by just a few hours) said good buy to Charles and his 1790 replica schooner "Caledonian" on Wednesday evening after supper with Shannon. I wish you fair winds Charles and the best of luck and adventure as you continue your 1812 reenactment tour.
Charles Wilton from Bangor Maine, the Caledonian is on the circuit of events commemorating the War of 1812. Rental? She's available through Privateer Media ...........
www.privateermedia.com/Boats/boats.htm
Earlier she was in Barrie and on leaving Picton, the boat will participate in "the Flight of the Royal George" (Kingston and Bath) over the June 30th - July 1st weekend. Mr Wilson joined PEYC Sail Past and was a guest musician with "Tween the Sheets".
The boat is a half-scale replica of a colonial schooner of the 1790s, it was designed by Howard Chapelle (transportation curator at the Smithsonian and known for his extensive work documenting and producing plans for traditional American sailing craft). The Caledonian was built in a traditional manner by A. G. May with further work done by Rockport Marine in Rockport, Maine in 2008.
She's constructed with mahogany and white- pine planks on oak frames, has a cedar deck
with painted pine trim, and has bronze and stainless steel fastening. She has 7,000 lbs. of exterior lead ballast. The hull is black and yellow with a red bottom. Power is provided by a Yanmar 27-hp 3-cyl. fresh-water-cooled diesel engine. The vessel has 4 single berths. LOA is 32 ft, beam about 9 ft, draft 6 ft and the displacement is 14,000 lbs.
The Caledonian has a gaff schooner rig, with varnished hollow laminated spruce masts stepped on the keel, stainless standing rigging, manila-colored Dacron halyards and sheets. Main, fore and jib sails are synthetic with natural canvas colour.

We stayed at Trident for three wonderful days and had a very relaxed visit. We played a game of horseshoes and discovered that our audience was a piano player form Port Credit Yacht Club, John played spoons and we had a great singsong on the last evening.

Now at anchor and getting the boat tidied up for the arrival of Kristen, Darian and Jack. Moira's Mom and Marilyn are driving the whole crew to meet up with us. We can't wait to see them all... very exciting.
Kristen and the grandkids will crew and help us through the locks to Montreal.
We can't wait to spend a day and night with the whole family in Gananoque.
One more sleep. Departing early Tuesday Morning.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario