Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Pictou

02 October 2012
Departing Wood Islands, Prince Edward Island to Caribou Nova Scotia on a ferry schedule of about every hour and a half from May to late December, the car ferries offer a pleasant 75-minute trip.

A short drive and we are in Pictou. Pictou was a receiving point for many Scottish immigrants moving to a new home in northern Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island following the Highland Clearances of the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Consequently, the town's slogan is "The Birthplace of New Scotland"; the first wave of immigrants is acknowledged to have arrived on September 15, 1773, on the Hector.

We check out the Pictou Marina and find that we can get in there but only at high tide. I think we will give it a try next summer, it will be fun to spend a bit of time here to explore and learn about this great little towns history. We have a great lunch at a waterfront Tai Restaurant across the street from a replica of the Hector.
.

We need to keep going Dolly and Jim are awaiting our arrival in Chester.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario