Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Back in Picton

13 July 2013
June 24, 2013

We arrive back in Picton and stay at Mom’s house for a few days until Jeremiah and Jenifer move into they’re own home. We get access to our house on Monday to work on the gardens. The house has been left in great shape and after saying good- bye to the best tenants anyone could ask for its time to prep the house for weekly rentals. We have three weeks confirmed and that will help off set the carrying costs of the house but we are still hoping for a long-term arrangement.
It feels wonderful to spend a night in our own bed and living in the house for a few days is giving us the opportunity to get reconnected with friends and deal with all the little details of house ownership.
John contacted the guys from T’ween the Sheets and they organized a practices and play at PEYC in the back room Friday evening; feels like a down east kitchen party. Even though the club closed the bar, the party went on with adult beverages from the boats. A couple of encores, we all had a great time.

We fit in one game of golf with Merlin and we were able to enjoy a couple of social engagements with Greg, Shannon and family Bob, Sandy, Lynn W. and Mick and Delores. My trip to Toronto to meet up with colleagues from work Catherine, Doug and Regina was fantastic.

We start the house projects encountering typical hiccups, the John Deer riding mower needs a new drive belt and Ricky Kerr jumps in to make sure I don’t screw it up, the hot tub needs a new pump and oh what’s that? It is still loosing water? Damn call Lance and see if he has the time and the desire to try and figure out where its leaking and what it will take to fix it. Toilets need new parts in both bathrooms, new set of taps for the leaky faucet in the basement. It never ends. Sandi Peat comes to the rescue to help us pull weeds.
A couple of days of yard work and the place look fantastic.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario