Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Pictou waiting out some weather

22 July 2013
We tour the Grohmann Knifes factory; adopt a lobster from the Hatchery and fisheries Museum. Off to the foundry where local artist s display their work and
use the studios at the facility.

Wednesday night we watch the pipe band at de Coste Centre. You have to like the pipes because you hear them all the time. We love it.

Thursday night we attend a ceilidhs at the deCoste Centre featuring some of the finest traditional musicians, singers and dancers from across the Maritimes. Jimmy Sweeney as an Irish, Celtic and "old time" stories and songs performer. Fleur Mainville nominated for the ECMA's 2013 also performed she plays fiddle, has a beautiful voice and a great sense of humor. Ardyth Robinson and Jennifer Wyatt play Celtic harp and sing. Three young fabulous Scottish dancers accompany them. All was great.


Friday we have a tour of the town with Mike Adamson and end up in the old US Consulate built in the year 1810 in Scottish town house fashion . Having undergone extensive renovations in the past years, the Consulate Inn offered spacious guest rooms and luxury suites tastefully decorated in period furniture.
Now it is getting a new lease on life, currently a conversion of the property into 1 and 2 bedroom apartments will insure its viability so this great architecture can be enjoyed for years to come.

Mike our tour guide also works at Carvers Inn and we end up at an open mike night with local performers who are great and John plays the spoons.

Saturday up early and off to the local Market where there are lots of local crafts jams and baked goods just like being at a Picton fair. Tonight we will go to the Stone Crop Café for Saturday night Sushi with sushi Chef Richard Reinisch who is from BC and bringing BC smoked salmon. Pat Spalding will be playing for our entertainment.

We are back at the boat and getting ready for an early departure tomorrow morning with favorable winds forecast it's time to move on.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario