Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

all the sites in the guidebook

03 August 2013

July 28,2013
We have to finish all the sites in the guidebook before returning the car and start by having a brunch at the brewery. The micro brewery Microbrasserie À l'abri de la Tempête offers a great sampler tray of five brews and tapas type plates with seal meat, smoked scallops, crab cakes, cheese, smoked clams and herring. It just doesn’t get any better.

We visit the cheese factory, Fromagerie du Pied-de-vent
In 1998, a man decided to bring back a herd of dairy cow on the archipelago of the Îles de la Madeleine. He did not want to compete with the other large dairy farms of the Gaspésie and the Maritimes, so he chose the Canadienne cow breed, which is a small Canadian black cow. He wanted to produce cheese and feed his cows with the hay that grows on the Islands, while giving another boost to agriculture on the archipelago. 

He was finally able to produce his first cheese, the Pied-de-Vent, and the Tomme des Demoiselles afterwards. These two cheeses are made with whole raw milk, from the same herd.
Off to Galerie-boutique Le Flâneur

Art Gallery, boutique, resto and tearoom. Watercolour paintings and "Arthure" dolls and specimens on display. www.leflaneur.com
A stroll along the Grande Échouerie beach, which is one of the most beautiful beaches on the Islands.

Beautiful, unspoiled rolling green hills beside Dune du Nord beach, which was named one of Canada’s top 25 beaches by Canadian Geographic.

Wind blows steady at 25 knots every night but the anchor holds well.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario