Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Bras d’Or (continued)

20 August 2013
Bras d’Or (continued)
We were driven to Port Hawkesbury to pick up a rental car from National then off to Sydney. Kristen’s flight does not get in till 1:30 AM so we have rented a hotel room and will drive back to the boat in the morning.
Sydney has had its share of financial problems and the town looks and feels a bit depressed. The coal industry has all but shut down, the hay days of the steel industry during the Second World War are gone and the fishing industry is not what it once was. All the same there is a motorcycle rally in full swing, buskers entertaining on the boardwalk, a little league nationals baseball tournament, hotel rooms are full and there are no rental cars available at the airport so not all is bad.

Back to St. Peter’s Marine pick up groceries, drop off the rental car and get a ride back to the marina with one of the members.

It’s wonderful to see Kristen and have her on board and we untie the lines by 1 pm. The sail from St Peters to Marble Mountain is perfect. Fair winds, calm seas and 6+ knots the whole 20-mile run. We anchor behind McDonalds Point in a perfect little bay and settle in to a glass of wine and barbeque pork chops as the sun sets behind the 250-meter high Marble Mountain.
As we prepare to haul anchor after breakfast I discover that a heavy fishing line that I had left sitting on the bottom overnight hoping for a flounder or a crab has gotten itself wrapped around the prop. I have no choice but to don the scuba gear at cut our selves free. This is the last time I will leave fishing gear down overnight.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario