Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

While the boat wintered in Shediac

20 June 2014
The Blog 2014

Let the journey begin again.


First of all we would like to briefly bridge the gap on what we have been up to since last September when Genevieve was hauled out of the water.

September 2013
John looked after the haul-out on his own and was supported by Shediac friends Lorraine and Walter, Mike Hicks and Dave and Bonnie Beers.

I was at home in Picton because my Mom “Margaret” was in hospital with a gall bladder attack. When she was released from hospital she was home about an hour and had a massive stroke. Shannon called 911 they arrived in less than 10 minutes and we were transported by ambulance to Bellville. This all took place in less than an hour. The first responders Donnie Williams and Pete Cole were so professional and helpful.

Mom is a real trooper and can now speak and her mind is clear however she is unable to walk.

My sister and I spent many hours with her in the Bellville hospital and my brother John came from Australia to be with her.

Marilyn has stepped up to become the full time caregiver. Mom wanted to stay at home and Marilyn made all the arrangements to have that happen. Mom’s home has been renovated with a barrier free washroom, tile floors, and a hoist over the hospital bed in her room to lift her from the bed to the wheel chair. They also installed a lift in the garage so she can easily be transported from the house. Sandi Peat was the painter and did a fabulous job and Bobbie and Tyler Peat helped move around furniture.

The place looks beautiful but Mom wonders where her green bedroom has gone? Change can be confusing for someone 88.

John and I went to Florida to check on Helen his Mom for part of October and into November and then home again. We played a little golf and ate loads of seafood.

We spent Xmas in Picton so that all the family could be together to celebrate with Margaret. Kristen flew in from Rossland British Columbia with Jack and Darian and we all had Xmas dinner at Shannon’s.

The first week of February we were invited by Shellback to do a presentation on details of our sailing trip to the East Coast of Canada. It was the worst snowstorm of the year however people still came to the RCYC city location. We were surprised and so happy to see Past Commodore’s Jim Finch and Jim Thorndicraft. Also present were Martha, Alan and Elaine Ray representing QCYC. And also in attendance were many members from RCYC. We were pleased that our presentation was well received and that we are invited back next year.

John taught again at OCADU in Toronto from January to the middle of April. We looked after the house at St. Clair and Mt.Pleasant again, which was fantastic.
In March we went to New York with OCADU students and saw lots of galleries, openings and one police takedown.

The end of April to the middle of May we spent some more time in Florida.
John’s Mom Helen is doing just great.

Moira Mysak stayed at our house from January to June to help look after our place. We were able to come back and forth to the house with this arrangement and all went extremely well.

She is on the mend after surgery and came through her operations very successfully. She is a great patient and friend. The end of May we helped move her to her new accommodations in Brighton where she will look after some of our plants.
Our house is now being rented out over the summer season.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario