Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

The run to Halifax

01 July 2014
June 26th

The skies have cleared and we are letting the boat dry out. We start our day with a long soak in a warm whirlpool then a swim in the pool, this is more like it. The grounds are gorgeous so after breakfast we borrow bikes and do the tour up the river to the falls. It’s a great day of relaxing and catching up with things. I find the time to finally replace the bilge pump and float switch with new parts that I have been dragging around with us since Port Hawkesbury. Another great meal in the restaurant (shared rack of lamb) then an early night, we are running the coast toward Halifax tomorrow.

June 27th

The air is still and the water flat as we head out of the Liscomb Harbour. When we come out of the mouth of the harbour a seal breaks the surface and then we see a large fin. We slow the boat down and circle back to see what it is and realize it’s a huge ocean sunfish hunting jellyfish for breakfast. The whole day is a 50-mile motorboat ride on a flat sea. We see more seals, another sunfish and a Puffin before we turn into Shoal Bay in search of a place to anchor for the night.

Tucked away behind a series of small islands we find a sheltered bay and drop the hook in 20 feet of water. As we settle in a couple of locals motor out to say hello and satisfy there curiosity. They invite us to join there party tonight at the campground at the tip of the bay, there will be a live band and we are welcome. I think we will take the night off and I am sure we will hear the band from where we are. For supper we eat smoked salmon we picked up at St Mary’s Smoke House in Sherbrook, its fantastic. At 9 o’clock the band starts to play and thank goodness they sound great because they are playing until 1 AM. The sound carries across the water and we can hear them perfectly. They play great tunes, a woman with a terrific voice does a great job of the vocals and the band is tight. By 10:30 we are sound asleep.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario