Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Heading back to Chester

26 August 2014
John and I are on the road again destination Chester. We are taking the North Shore route so that John can get his favorite Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich from Joe Smoked meat http://www.joesmokedmeat.com
.
Crossing the St Lawrence on the ferry to Riviere-du-lop we see Minke and Beluga whales. Its good to be on the water again even if it is a ferry.

Exploring the South Shore on our way too Maine

August 19th

The route to Chester goes past Moncton so we call our Shediac friends to see if they are in the mood for a short visit.
We arrive in Shediac and Lorraine and Walter welcome us with open arms. Walter makes burgers for dinner and then off to say hi to Bonnie and Dave who end up putting us up for the night.

Again we can't thank them enough for their hospitality.

An early quick good by to our Shediac friends and we are off to Chester by car.

Our sail is finished and the Sail Loft specifically Julie who lives near South Shore Marine will deliver it to us this evening.

We returned to Chester thankful to see Genevieve sitting proudly on the same mooring ball we had left her on, clean and dry below. The solar panel has kept the battery banks full and within a couple of hours most things have been put back in place and she is feeling more and more like home. By 9:30 we crawl into a familiar cozy bed and fall asleep to the cry of loons on a calm sea and a windless cool night. It's perfect.

We spend the morning organizing and hoist the new headsail. It fits perfect, looks terrific and quickly drives us up on the mooring ball as we are raising it; we believe it's going to work just fine.

Lunch at the Sea Shanty is fantastic the best seafood crape and seafood chowder
We have had on the East Coast.

We drop in on Susie at the Inn and arrange to meet up later for drinks at the Rope Loft.
Another calm and silent night on the mooring ball at South Shore Marine.

August 22nd

Meet up with Dave Foley for lunch at the Sea Shanty, You cant eat there often enough.

August 23rd

South Shore Marine are wonderful people to deal with, offering prompt and personalized attention.
They agree to us leaving our car in the parking lot until we come back for it around the beginning of October. How perfect is that?
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario