Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Exploring the South Shore on our way too Maine

26 August 2014 | Lunenburg
Following Cheryl Barr's recommended route in her "Down East Circle Route" we departed South Shore Marine and meandered through a series of islands past Indian Point to Mahone Bay. A cool North East wind reminds us how quickly the weather will change and we need to get a move on.

We will head to Lunenburg tomorrow.

August 24th

We have arrived in Lunenburg Harbour. It is so beautiful with all the houses on shore painted different colours. The motor here over a calm sea was very picturesque with seals near the boat.

I gave John a scare on the way as I took a wrong turn and had us on the inside path of an island that I was to go around. Cheryl Barr quotes "in good visibility it is possible to pass inside Little Duck by taking care to avoid the Green Island ledges".
There was just enough water to avoid the rocks.

It is a beautiful warm sunny day and we need to get the dingy to shore and clean the invasive species off the bottom, it is a disgusting slime that has grown while the boat sat in the water for the five weeks we were away.


Tomorrow we will look for replacement jib sheets and investigate the town.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario