Long Reach - Manta 42

Cruising the Caribbean 2008

21 November 2008 | Martinique
01 May 2008 | The Bahamas
30 April 2008 | The Bahamas
29 April 2008 | The Bahamas
27 April 2008 | The Bahamas
25 April 2008 | En-route to Nassau
24 April 2008 | Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
23 April 2008 | Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

We're all alone!

27 April 2008 | The Bahamas
Jo
It had to happen, it was always going to happen, Chris had to leave us and the day came in Nassau when we had to say our goodbyes:(...eek! We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Captain Chris, he was a fantastic guy and we were going to miss him, not only cracking jokes but he was the only person that knew how to sail the boat:) Not to mention he didn't complain once about having to eat veggie meals, although if his consumption of beans and sausages on the last day was anything to go by, I'd say he was relieved his herbivore days were over:)
We benefited greatly from our time with Chris, we achieved everything we had set out to do, I made oodles of incomprehensible notes and we now knew what the boat was capable of, and sadly promptly forgot it all...information overload - money worth spent!
Sadly the goodbyes were said and as we returned to the boat on our own the realization of what we were about to do sank in, so in true seafaring style and to calm our (my) nerves we decided to have a beer! Next stop...Allan Cay, 40 miles away.
Vessel Name: Long Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 42 MKII
Hailing Port: Jersey, UK
Crew: Jo & Graham

Who: Jo & Graham
Port: Jersey, UK