SV Lover Of The Light

Circumnavigating on World ARC 2023

Preparations Continue for World ARC 2023!

POST #1
This is our first post about our upcoming circumnavigation trip!

We are a little over 4 months away from the starting line in Saint Lucia for World ARC 2023. Lover Of The Light is hauled out at Peake Yachts in Trinidad and thoroughly "summer"ized. We have an air con unit keeping the interior of the boat relatively cool and our tarping is hopefully reducing exposure to sun and rain. We have found Peake to be a very fine yard with top notch people.

As our trip preparations continue, Ken and Cheryl are on an extended 4.5 month shore leave and are mostly back at their old farmhouse in Delaware.

ON LOTL, our three main focus areas right now, among quite a few other projects we are doing from afar, are preparing for replacement of all the standing rigging, taking delivery of a new windlass in Trinidad and acclimation of crew with safety equipment and gear.

We have recently procured new electronic charts covering 75% of the ocean surfaces in the world, received new pilot charts, ordered more paper charts, and upgraded our old Bushnell binoculars to Steiner off shore auto focusing ones with an internal compass.

Our crew and logistics plans are far along for most of the trip. We are very excited to have so many old and new friends and family that have signed on to crew with us to achieve this global circumnavigation.

Our goal is to accomplish our mission to sail all the way around safely and arrive back in St Lucia in April 2024, to learn and experience all along the path and to have fun in the process meeting many new people on shore and on other boats! Ken and Cheryl

Comments