S/V Love Song's Adventures

26 September 2012 | Java Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
22 August 2012 | Under way for Bali
15 August 2012 | Maumere, Flores
12 August 2012 | NE Flores
09 August 2012 | heading West toward Flores
08 August 2012 | Saumlaki, Tanimbar, INDO
05 August 2012 | Saumlaki, Tanimbar, INDO
01 August 2012 | Arafura Sea
22 July 2012 | Louisiade Archipelago, PNG
22 July 2012 | Louisiade Archipelago, PNG
15 July 2012 | Rodrick Bay
12 July 2012 | Honiara, Guadalcanal, SI
02 July 2012 | Point Cruz Harbor
26 June 2012 | Letonga Village 1 & 2
23 June 2012 | Roderick Bay
22 June 2012 | Roderick Bay

not the luck o' the Irish today

14 March 2011 | Eneko
Kathy
It doesn't matter that it's St. Paddy's Day out here at Eneko to say the least, but everything out here is GREEN. It looked like a stellar day ahead, flat enough to take the paddle boards out, but on second thought decided that the new skiff is handful enough for the boys and I with the dogs, so we took snorkel gear instead.

At shore the gaggle of girls distracted the boys long enough for me to finish a book, and after lunch on the beach the weather started to turn. Skipping the snorkeling, I decided I'd better get back out to the boat, and just getting into the skiff (a 12 foot aluminum boat isn't very forgiving on bones, butts, ribs, etc...quite unlike beaching my former pregnant self onto the inflatables' squishy pontoons) was challenging enough. Now I'm aboard LS out here on the mooring ball and we're dancing around like a whirlygig, and I took a wind reading of 28.2mph. WOW. Good thing I left the boys ashore, as well as the dogs, 'cause trying to land the skiff off the stern with Love Song's hiney plowing up and down was like trying to go from one bucking horse to another in a sick rodeo of sorts. There was no time to tilt the motor properly, let's say.

Anyways, I'm glad it's daylight, although if this lasts we'll all be seasick! I quickly stowed at much stuff that should've already been stowed as possible and latched the cupboards, which are clinking with the tossing waves. Where is that husband when you need him?! Apparently Allen went to the airport after a long boat ride in another aluminum shoreboat from MV Windward, and the flight had already come and gone without him. That was Wednesday. There was no flight today, so tomorrow he'll try again, this time at 8 instead of the 10am that he was told. We will have been without him for a week, and that's a long time when I'm not used to doing this "alone" anymore! (who is ever alone with 2 kids and 2 dogs?!)

Don't Y'all wish you were here? Does anyone have some Patron and a little green food coloring? Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Love Song
Vessel Make/Model: Maple Leaf 50
Hailing Port: San Diego
Crew: Allen, Kathy, Morgan, Wyatt, and Dallas & Dulce
About: We are a family of 4 humans, 2 dogs, and 7 guppies living and sailing aboard our beloved Love Song. We go where we want to go, when we finally feel like going, and even if we don't go anywhere, we've stopped feeling guilty about it!
Extra: If boats had bumper stickers, mine would say, "I'd rather be flying", says Kathy!
Love Song's Photos - Main
35 Photos
Created 11 October 2010