S/V Love Song's Adventures

26 September 2012 | Java Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
25 September 2012 | Bali Sea
22 August 2012 | Under way for Bali
15 August 2012 | Maumere, Flores
12 August 2012 | NE Flores
09 August 2012 | heading West toward Flores
08 August 2012 | Saumlaki, Tanimbar, INDO
05 August 2012 | Saumlaki, Tanimbar, INDO
01 August 2012 | Arafura Sea
22 July 2012 | Louisiade Archipelago, PNG
22 July 2012 | Louisiade Archipelago, PNG
15 July 2012 | Rodrick Bay
12 July 2012 | Honiara, Guadalcanal, SI
02 July 2012 | Point Cruz Harbor
26 June 2012 | Letonga Village 1 & 2
23 June 2012 | Roderick Bay
22 June 2012 | Roderick Bay

puppies, clown fish, and a lost tooth

22 June 2012 | Roderick Bay
Kathy
Well this reminds me of the kind of emails I used to write, where the kids were doing funny things, so today my baby lost his front tooth! Poor Wyatt has looked so funny for several weeks, actually since he bashed that tooth in when we were in Hawaii at New Year...the gum was receded and that caused the tooth to loosen instead and push forward, making a big gap. The new one underneath usually presses down and dissolves the root of the old tooth, so today when the kids were playing ashore with the village children Morgan accidentally whacked Wyatt in the mouth and knocked that tooth out once and for all, long root and everything. It's been hanging by a thread for days now anyways. Hopefully the gum will grow back down again and make a nice little home for the new tooth. He was so cute, he put the tooth in an envelope and said,"Mom, I'm gonna miss that tooth" so he wrote "goodbye I'll miss you" on the envelope for the tooth fairy! He's sleeping in M's room tonight like they do together every weekend, so it will be a challenge for the tooth fairy!

Another funny thing Wyatt did recently was when Morgan was getting his stitches. Wyatt told the doctor he knew a "shots" song and started singing Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night", "we danced on table tops and we took too many shots", so he's a pretty funny little man in general. Morgan is happy with the way his fingers are healing too. They're still a little tender.

So, the latest around here is the fish saving effort by Morgan to buy a bunch of clown fish that the locals collect in bottles to send to a tropical fish exporter in HOniara. He wants to buy them himself and set them free again, I'm sure only to have the locals recapture them...but his dad said he will match whatever he's willing to fork out for the ordeal. It also means finding proper anemonae homes for the little fish. They look exactly like little Nemo's.

The boys were also given a puppy two weeks ago after church, luckily our hosts ashore said they will raise it hopefully to train as a watch dog since they greatly admire Dallas and Dulce. We've been supplementing the feeding program for it so it's always happy to see us, and today when I rinsed the big dogs (who want absolutely nothing to do with the pup, who has gorgeous blue eyes and tan fur, they named here Coco) when we were leaving the beach, the little pup started howling and plunged in after us and promptly turned around back to the beach! I thought she might drown as she fits in one hand and barely weighs a pound! Everyone laughed. It's gonna be hard to leave her! It's hilarious to watch her run after the boys. She slept under my legs today when I was weaving a roof piece and I loved it when she woke up and started romping in the leaves and biting my toes!
Comments
Vessel Name: Love Song
Vessel Make/Model: Maple Leaf 50
Hailing Port: San Diego
Crew: Allen, Kathy, Morgan, Wyatt, and Dallas & Dulce
About: We are a family of 4 humans, 2 dogs, and 7 guppies living and sailing aboard our beloved Love Song. We go where we want to go, when we finally feel like going, and even if we don't go anywhere, we've stopped feeling guilty about it!
Extra: If boats had bumper stickers, mine would say, "I'd rather be flying", says Kathy!
Love Song's Photos - Main
35 Photos
Created 11 October 2010