The Voyages of s/v Lucky Bird

21 August 2019 | Straits Marina, Mackinaw City
06 August 2019 | Village of Brockport
30 July 2019
27 July 2019
21 June 2019 | Wickford Cove Marina
20 May 2019 | Antlantic Yacht Basin
13 May 2019 | Homer Smith Marina, final Salty Dawg Destination
21 April 2019 | Frenchtown, St. Thomas V.I. Easter Celebration
20 April 2019 | Brewers Bay, St. Thomas VI
11 April 2019 | Nanny Cay Marine, Tortola, BVI
28 March 2019 | Green Cay Marina, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
25 March 2019
24 February 2019 | Jolly Harbor Marina, Antigua

Annapolis, MD

17 September 2009 | Mooring # 30 in Spa Creek
Bob/ cloudy, windy, a little rain but we are here!
We planned only one hard stop in our journey from Chicago, Annapolis and we are here. Mooring #30 is out boat's address for the next month or so as we do projects, gunkhole around the upper bay area and then work at the sailboat and powerboat shows in October.

We finally met Peter and Stephanie Peterson on their Moody 425 Brilliant. Peter and I have been emailing each other since shortly after Alice and I purchased Lucky Bird. He was posting to the Moody Owners forum and I appreciated his commentary so I sent him a personal email and he replied. It's been well over a year and now we finally get to met them.

He and his wife have been on-board their boat for eight, yes 8 years and have a wealth of experiences some of which Pete has shared via cyberspace. In a small harbor up the Chester River we anchored next to them and got to know them in person. Three bottles of wine and lots of stories was a great was to kick-off our first meeting.

Their boat is identical to ours except for all the personalizing and neat things they've done over the years. I'm not one to reinvent the wheel so I'll be going to school on Pete's enginuity. I asked him if he was an engineer recognizing all the well thoughtout and well placed items on their boat. He's a modest fellow and told me he was a navy man for some 33 years and not an engineer. Well in my humble opinion he certainly can visualize a solution and knows how to implement. I have another friend, a banker by career, Tom Falck, who also has lots of natural engineering skill. I'm more of the bump and find kind of guy, my solutions work but may not be as elegant.

So here we sit for a while, the wind generator is humming putting out lots of amps. The sky is cloudy so today will probably be another project day and some touring in Annapolis, groceries, some adult beverages and planning for the next few weeks.

We just bought Alice a round trip ticket home to Chicago for Dylan's christening and Jake's birthday. The harbor master doesn't want the boat left unattended for fours days so I'll baby sit Lucky Bird and hopefully join the party via Skype.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lucky Bird
Vessel Make/Model: 1990 Moody 425 cc
Hailing Port: Kenosha, WI
Crew: Robert & Alice Smith
About:
Alice and I have spent considerable time together on the water; cruising and racing on the waters of New England, the Caribbean and Lake Michigan.

Sailing is our passion and together we've been fortunate to experience the thrills, the camaraderie and the enjoyment boating provides. [...]

We seek the freedom, excitement and challenges of voyaging.

Lucky Bird's Photos - Main
This is our second journey south to the Caribbean. This time we've chosen to exit Lake Michigan and proceed south through the in-land waterway system to Mobile. We'll start around Labor Day and take our time exploring the history of middle America.
207 Photos
Created 28 July 2017
30 Photos
Created 12 July 2013
101 Photos
Created 17 July 2012
Bob and Alice return to Lucky Bird after spending the summer in Addison.
31 Photos
Created 4 December 2010
Heading into the Windward Islands and further south
108 Photos
Created 22 February 2010
121 Photos
Created 11 June 2009