The Voyages of s/v Lucky Bird

21 August 2019 | Straits Marina, Mackinaw City
06 August 2019 | Village of Brockport
30 July 2019
27 July 2019
21 June 2019 | Wickford Cove Marina
20 May 2019 | Antlantic Yacht Basin
13 May 2019 | Homer Smith Marina, final Salty Dawg Destination
21 April 2019 | Frenchtown, St. Thomas V.I. Easter Celebration
20 April 2019 | Brewers Bay, St. Thomas VI
11 April 2019 | Nanny Cay Marine, Tortola, BVI
28 March 2019 | Green Cay Marina, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
25 March 2019
24 February 2019 | Jolly Harbor Marina, Antigua

Hampton - Home of the Caribbean 1500

28 October 2009 | Blue Water Yachting Center
Bob, IT'S WARM!!! Hurray
It poured all night long where we sat on our anchor in Deltaville. The wind kept the wind generator humming all night so our batteries are warm and tostie.

We got up around 07:00 and most of the boats in the anchorage had already left. So after talking about it for a few moments we decided to head straight for Hampton despite the small craft warnings, fog and rain. Gues what? No wind, very little ran and yes some fog. As the morning passed the sun came out and brought westerlies from 10 to 15 then 15 to 20 and we were going over 8 knots SOG (speed over the ground, a nautical term). By 15:00 we were in Hampton calling the marina on the VHF looking for our slip. Lucky Bird has landed and it is warm. Shorts, yes shorts.

So now we'll get the bottom scrubbed, finish all last minute projects and wait for Jeff and Randy who both arrive on Saturday. We have a few things for them to do and we'll all plan on attending the seminars. It's getting close to starting time and we are getting pretty excited.

After we leave on the 2nd we will have a transpondeer on board so I think you'll be able to track our progress. We will send and receive emails via the ssb as well as weather updates. With all the generating power we have on board I suspect we will be watching movies, making ice cream and taking lots of showers. Well maybe is all goes well. All we need are fair winds and reasonable seas, companionship will take care of the rest.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lucky Bird
Vessel Make/Model: 1990 Moody 425 cc
Hailing Port: Kenosha, WI
Crew: Robert & Alice Smith
About:
Alice and I have spent considerable time together on the water; cruising and racing on the waters of New England, the Caribbean and Lake Michigan.

Sailing is our passion and together we've been fortunate to experience the thrills, the camaraderie and the enjoyment boating provides. [...]

We seek the freedom, excitement and challenges of voyaging.

Lucky Bird's Photos - Main
This is our second journey south to the Caribbean. This time we've chosen to exit Lake Michigan and proceed south through the in-land waterway system to Mobile. We'll start around Labor Day and take our time exploring the history of middle America.
207 Photos
Created 28 July 2017
30 Photos
Created 12 July 2013
101 Photos
Created 17 July 2012
Bob and Alice return to Lucky Bird after spending the summer in Addison.
31 Photos
Created 4 December 2010
Heading into the Windward Islands and further south
108 Photos
Created 22 February 2010
121 Photos
Created 11 June 2009