Four projects - complete!!
1. Chaps for our new Highfield dinghy to protect it from the extreme sun down here and a cover for the outboard motor. I'll try and upload some pictures, a super job.
Can you believe both the chaps and the outboard motor cover for $375.?
2. A new mattress for our aft cabin. We went with five inch foam. The old mattress had sunk in the middle so much that we couldn't sleep near the edge without rolling into the middle, it had to go. So now we have form fitted mattresses that are thick and comfy.
3. New cushions for the cockpit. The old ones we bought back in 2008 before our first trip. The foam was very hard and very uncomfortable for sleeping on overnight passages. Last winter we made our own covers that didn't fit very well and were looking pretty shabby. So we went up to three inch foam from two and new ones form fitted. They look awesome.
4. The woodwork in the aft cabin has been a source of embarrassment since we bought LB. A previous owner had stained the teak cabinetry with a burgundy colored stain; and it wasn't applied evenly, so we bit the bullet and spent three plus days sanding and sanding and sanding. Down and down to remove all the old stain and reveal the beautiful teak color. This morning I put on a very thin coat of clear satin urethane and it looks fabulous. One more wet sanding and a final coat will finish up this project.
I'll try and upload pictures. We are two very proud old farts.
All this for just over $1,000 USD.