The Luna Sea Project

21 April 2010
19 March 2010
01 March 2010
26 February 2010

Our Boat

01 March 2010
Ed Duffee
To call her a project boat would be an understatement but she sure is beautiful. We have been looking for the boat that would take us on our adventures for about a year and a half. We were looking for a bluewater capable vessel between 27' and 32' that would fit into our budget. After much study and soul searching, reality set in and we decided on a wonderful 31' coastal cruise/racer.

Go small, go now... just go.

Luna Sea is a 1967 Columbia 31, hull # 83. It was love at first sight. She has nice classic lines and a low draft that is perfect for the local waters of Southwest Florida. When I first sat at the helm she just felt right and when I found out she was hull #87 I knew she was the one. You see my boys wore the jersey # 83 for football during their high school days, destiny. She is a Charles Morgan design with an overall length of 30' 9" and a 9' 10" beam. Powered by the famed 30 HP Atomic 4 she has a displacement of 8500lbs, and with a waterline length of 21' 9", should be a joy to sail.

Join us as we bring Luna Sea back to her sailing glory and explore the Straits of Florida.
Comments
Vessel Name: Luna Sea
Vessel Make/Model: Columbia 31
Hailing Port: Naples Fl

Port: Naples Fl