Cruising Santa Magdalena

25 January 2014 | Pelican Cays, Belize
18 March 2012 | Central Caribbean
23 May 2011 | North Atlantic
12 May 2011 | North Atlantic
06 May 2011 | South Atlantic
15 April 2011 | South Atlantic
14 April 2011 | South Atlantic
13 April 2011 | South Atlantic
20 February 2011 | South Atlantic
11 February 2011 | South Atlantic
07 February 2011 | South Atlantic
04 February 2011 | South Atlantic
27 January 2011 | South Atlantic
26 January 2011 | South Atlantic
21 January 2011 | South Atlantic
19 January 2011 | South Atlantic
17 January 2011 | South Atlantic
16 January 2011 | South Atlantic
15 January 2011 | South Atlantic
14 January 2011 | South Atlantic

Day 2

14 January 2011 | South Atlantic
Casey
Day 2- Im starting to feel like I want to do something which means I must be getting over the sea sickness. Its a bugger of a thing, even if your not over the side feeding the fish (which neither Jamie or I have) it still takes it out of you. The only position that offers any help is to go ashore, or laying down with eyes closed.

Anyway, we left the Falkland Islands about 1600 on the 11 Jan. After an nice farewell from many friends and some help casting off, we gave a little shake down test of the sailing systems in Stanley Harbor and took a quite anchorage about 2 mile away from town. There we finished sorting the last few things and set in for our last quite night for many to come. The morning of the 12th brought strong wind and rain. So we laid around for the morning, watched a movie, and when the sun came out and wind eased we hoisted the anchor and set off. We sailed out of the harbor with bright sun and a light SW wind. It was quite beautiful. It lasted about 2 hours, then there was no wind at all. Jamie dosnt like to just bob around so she started the engine to motor us away to the NE which gives the boat a better motion. Since then the wind has come from the NW, NE, then SW and is almost back to NW again. All this shifting of direction does nothing to help steady the sea state, or the stomaches of those still searching for their sea legs.
Comments
Vessel Name: Santa Magdalena
Vessel Make/Model: Baba 35
Hailing Port: Wilson WY
Crew: Casey and Jamie
About: Casey has been sailing the Santa Magdalena since 2003, starting from Annapolis, MD, through the Caribbean where he met Jamie in 2006 in Bonaire. Together, we have covered much of South America and Panama by land and by sea. And, the adventure continues...!

Who: Casey and Jamie
Port: Wilson WY