Makana

21 March 2017 | Vero Beach FL
01 August 2016 | Alaska
02 November 2015
16 August 2015 | Zion Nat'l Park UT
20 July 2015 | DC tax $ at work
20 July 2015 | Wash DC
01 July 2015 | Maine
06 March 2015 | George Town
04 March 2015 | George Town
10 February 2015 | Bahamas
10 February 2015 | Red Shanks Exuma
30 November 2014 | St Augustine
21 November 2014 | Hammock Dunes NC
18 November 2014 | Elizabeth City NC
07 October 2014 | Maine
25 September 2014 | USS Albacore
25 September 2014 | Portsmouth NH
25 September 2014 | Georgetown MD
16 September 2014 | Long Island Sound NY
05 July 2014 | Camden & Farmington ME

Back in FL

01 May 2014 | St Augustine
Rick
After spending 5 months exploring the Bahamas we returned to the US last Friday pulling into Cape Canaveral, FL around 3pm. Being so close to the Space Center we decided to take a slip at a marina, strange to be back in the states tied up to a dock after 5 months of anchoring. Walking into a grocery store here was overwhelming after 5 months of shopping at “mom & pop” type stores. The Space Center was great; everyone should visit to see what they have accomplished over the past 50 years. It was amazing to learn how we as a country came together to put a man on the moon and later developed the shuttle. These are by far our nation’s greatest accomplishments for the second half of the last century. You may argue that the computer – tech accomplishments during the past 20 years surpass our achievements from the space program. While the tech revolution is impressive I feel it differs from the fact that it is a “me” based creation vs. an “us as a society”. Being out of the country for an extended period provides a different perspective on our society. It seems to me we have become more concerned about “me” than “us” as a whole. Look around as you drive your car, shop at a store, look what we put on TV & web or observe the people you work with.

OK enough ranting! We had a great time crossing the banks with Namaste. It was flat calm so we rafted up and motored together for 25 miles. We fired up our grills and enjoyed a nice dinner of BBQ ribs and fresh baked bread. Then just before sunset we separated to spend the night crossing the Gulf Stream arriving in FL after dawn. We are currently in St Augustine and will be heading to Charlestown SC on Sunday, than northward to Maine by the end of June, cheers.
Comments
Vessel Name: Makana
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral Excutive 38
Hailing Port: Camden, Maine
Crew: Rick, Katie & Hoku
About: We launched Makana in Aug. 2006 and have taken her from South Africa to the Caribbean, Bahamas, US East Coast to Maine.
Extra: We offer custom charters in Maine during the summer and Bahamas during the winter.

The Crew

Who: Rick, Katie & Hoku
Port: Camden, Maine