Malibu

24 August 2015
29 June 2015
12 June 2015
12 May 2015
20 December 2014
11 December 2014
29 October 2014
11 October 2014
08 October 2014
17 September 2014
02 September 2014
24 June 2014
13 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
28 May 2014
14 May 2014

Hehon

21 August 2013
Andrew.
I have kept the ships log updated regularly on passage for navigation purposes. The regular recording of latitude and longitude being part of that routine. I realised that some familiar numbers came up with the longitude in Ribadesella being the same as Lamlash... we're just 725 miles due South despite having logged 1250miles!

Next we headed on along the coast for Gijon. Again a fair bit swell and just not enough wind to drive the boat positively. With plenty able crew on board we set the sails as well as possible, eventually goose winged with the genoa polled out. The sun remained out so although a bit disappointing from a sailing point of view it was still nice.
Gijon (pronounced hehon?) initially looked very industrial and we were a bit concerned to have left such beautiful places behind not fully explored. No need to worry; we were briefed by a very efficient receptionist in the Marina as to where the tourist info and supermarket were, most important for Yvonne the good marina laundry facilities and then allowed to choose a berth.
James and Laura discovered that there were plenty of visitor attractions close by, our location ideal being in the centre of the city. By chance their fiesta was due to start at midnight with a fireworks display. Yvonne and I watched from the boat while Laura and James joined the throngs on the streets. Just before midnight the street lights and house lights went off setting the blank black canvas for 25 minutes of the loudest, brightest and most colourful fireworks all beautifully choreographed. We all agreed the best display any of us had ever seen.

The week passed all too quickly, but the weather stayed fair; sun and mid 20's. Laura and James made the most of their time, visiting museums, galleries and the aquarium, all the time soaking up the atmosphere and sampling the tapas in the endless bar/cafe/restaurants that line the narrow streets and pedestrianised precincts.
On Saturday we saw them off on a bus back to Santander for their flight home on Sunday, a great week for everyone.
Comments
Vessel Name: Malibu
Vessel Make/Model: Oyster 406
Hailing Port: Troon
Crew: Andrew and Yvonne
About: Andrew and Yvonne have upped sticks and left Scotland in their floating home heading South plan flexible!
Extra: The purpose of our blog is primarily to keep family and friends informed of our whereabouts and activities. You can see our last reported position on "Maps" plotted on google earth.

Who: Andrew and Yvonne
Port: Troon