Malibu

24 August 2015
29 June 2015
12 June 2015
12 May 2015
20 December 2014
11 December 2014
29 October 2014
11 October 2014
08 October 2014
17 September 2014
02 September 2014
24 June 2014
13 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
28 May 2014
14 May 2014

Crew change

11 December 2014
Andrew
Yvonne headed home to seek out work for the winter, flying out from Palma an hour before Dave and Al flew in to crew for the last stage of this year's journey. Yvonne and I had worked with them both during the Commonwealth games. It was good now to relax and spend time in the sun, going over the old times and planning for new.

From Palma the three of us sailed back to Cabrerra then up the east coast of Majorca, stopping at Porto Petro, Alcudia, Puerto Pollensa and Cala Sant Vincent before an overnight passage back to the mainland of Spain. Sant Carles de la Rapita the final destination for the winter.

We enjoyed a couple of really good sails, and were pleasantly surprised by the scale and grandeur of the scenery in the north of Majorca. Al a competent day skipper handled the boat instinctively while Dave saved his energies to teach us backgammon - all night!

In years gone by I windsurfed with Dave but had heard of his exploits as a soleboarder during previous cruising holidays. We determined to experiment with this on Malibu. We finally made a soleboard from a piece of plywood and took turns water-skiing off the back of the boat outside Sant Carles. Lot of laughs, the board needs a few modifications, but the principle was proven and allowed us to feel we were stupid twenty something's again!
Comments
Vessel Name: Malibu
Vessel Make/Model: Oyster 406
Hailing Port: Troon
Crew: Andrew and Yvonne
About: Andrew and Yvonne have upped sticks and left Scotland in their floating home heading South plan flexible!
Extra: The purpose of our blog is primarily to keep family and friends informed of our whereabouts and activities. You can see our last reported position on "Maps" plotted on google earth.

Who: Andrew and Yvonne
Port: Troon