Following the Moon

23 April 2017 | Somewhere in the Sea of Cortez
12 March 2017 | Punta de Mita
24 February 2017 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
16 February 2017 | somewhere between Tenacatita and Puerto Vallarta
03 February 2017 | Banderas Bay
01 January 2017 | Mazatlan, Mexico
09 December 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
27 November 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
22 November 2016
19 November 2016
15 November 2016
14 November 2016 | Still in CDA
09 November 2016

Happy New Year!

01 January 2017 | Mazatlan, Mexico
Can't believe it's been almost a month since we posted. Apologies for the long absence, but there really isn't much that's changed. The boat projects are closer to being done. The weather is still stellar. We had a short shower and cloudy skies yesterday, but otherwise most days are sunny and breezy.

We spent the holidays quietly with new friends. Turkey dinner with friends on their boat for Christmas; Indian feast with other friends last night in the historic district of Mazatlan. Santa brought us goodies, even without a chimney. We sang carols up and down the docks with other cruisers to raise money for a local charity, and even caught a couple of movies (White Christmas and Miracle of 34th Street) to get us in holiday mode.

We celebrated the start of 2017 last night with thousands of our closest friends in the Plaza Machado in the historic section of Mazatlan. Lights, live music, dancing, folks dressed in their finest - it was quite a sight, very festive and energetic.

We've been able to watch most of the Seahawks and Zags games, albeit with a lot of effort in terms of struggling with continuing Internet issues. Since the Broncos will be golfing this post-season, we'll be rooting for the Si Hawks (as a local T-shirt reads).

Tentative plans are to head south in a week or so, depending on weather and readiness on our part. Until then, we'll be buying provisions, finishing projects, and practicing sailing skills that we haven't perfected.

Hoping that your holiday season was a happy one spent with family and friends, and that the coming year brings you a bounty of joy and love. Happy 2017!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Mangata
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Hunter
Hailing Port: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Crew: John and Beth