Following the Moon

23 April 2017 | Somewhere in the Sea of Cortez
12 March 2017 | Punta de Mita
24 February 2017 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
16 February 2017 | somewhere between Tenacatita and Puerto Vallarta
03 February 2017 | Banderas Bay
01 January 2017 | Mazatlan, Mexico
09 December 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
27 November 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
22 November 2016
19 November 2016
15 November 2016
14 November 2016 | Still in CDA
09 November 2016

There and back again

16 February 2017 | somewhere between Tenacatita and Puerto Vallarta
John, Mike and Dean sailed from Banderas Bay to Barra de Navidad last week, stopping along the way to visit Chamela, Tenacatita, and La Manzanilla. Delicious meals, cold beer, fishing, lounging, swimming, laughing, and exploring filled their days, along with handling the wide variety of tasks associated with sailboat life.

In Tenacatita, they took a dinghy ride through the mangroves to a lagoon, then walked to a beach where a woman has set up a business delivering food and beer from a nearby town. They've explored islands, strolled along beaches, watched whales and dolphins frolicking...and somewhere in there found time to sail.

Dean's wife Linda met them in La Manz and they spent the day on the beach at Pedro's, which is something Dean, Linda, Beth and John have done in years past, pre-Mangata. In Barra, they bought baked goodies from the boat the local French bakery sends out to service the cruisers.

Now Mike and Dean have returned home, and John is heading north. If the weather gods are kind, he'll be back in Banderas Bay by Saturday or Sunday. Beth will be meeting him there, and is looking forward to returning to the warm breezes and sunshine and beaches.

Today there are flood warnings in North Idaho, as 1.5" of rain fell overnight and is still falling, helping hurry along the snowmelt. Driving isn't too bad, but walking is treacherous, trying to avoid puddles, slush, potholes, and frozen berms. But spring is just around the corner...

Thanks for stopping by! We'll continue to post as the Internet permits.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mangata
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Hunter
Hailing Port: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Crew: John and Beth