PROJECTED DEPARTURE DATE-with 'guest'
03 September 2010 | SUVA, THE CAPITAL OF FIJI
Desperate to beat this nasty flu bug.... trying to depart on Sunday September 5th, (Saturday September 4th,New York time/date)---way overdue. This is the last leg before Australia. Winds seem to be good the first part of the trip (700 miles) to New Caledonia with healthy easterly winds. But after that, the second leg(700miles) the winds seem very disorganized and light. However, I have heard that this may be a blessing as one approaches the, at times, notorious coast of Australia with its freakish winds and strong currents. Intending to enter at Brisbane although am getting different accounts as to the ease or difficulty of doing so. If I deem it questionable will enter 200 miles to the north at Bundaberg.
I may have a guest on board....if I cant throw her off in time!. Yesterday, I noticed a snake skin on deck(moulting). I am hoping that despite my hospitality, she decides against accompanying me.... in some corner, hidden on the boat just waiting for me to inadvertently find her!