"WAIT" ADVICE FROM MY WEATHER ROUTER
04 September 2010 | SUVA, THE CAPITAL OF FIJI
Have decided to take the advice of my weather router in New Zealand (see below) and put off departure for a couple of days. Seems strong, rough weather awaits those who set out!
One of the problems is that while the wind is predicted to be pushing from behind, the waves(as much as 15 feet high) are predicted to come from forward part of the boat...causing the 'rough' conditions - ie crashing through the waves!
"The large HIGH that is expected to move along 30S from 5 to 7 Sep mucks things up fro our voyage ... too much of a squash zone with strong winds and rough seas, so my recommendation now is that we WAIT until 7 or 8 sep ,"