S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

What was lost is found!

18 April 2007
Cold front swept through with dropping temps behind it, 70's for daytime, 60's at night. I've never seen such cool weather in mid-April in the Keys!
We found the missing egg!

Was it under the floorboards kicking around the bilge? Was it tucked in the pantry behind the settee cushions? Was it in the hanging rope locker?

Noooo...it was in the Easter Candy bag.

Just goes to show you we don't eat nearly enough chocolate if it took us 9 days to notice it in only bag of sweets on board.

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found that blue egg. I've had a limited amount of exposure to rotten Easter eggs but even one will leave a lasting impression on a kid. For instance...one year on the 4th of July we went back over the mountains to visit Grandpa and Grandma in Hayden, CO, and under a green chair in the front room we found an egg from our Easter visit. Uncle Donald took Michelle and I outside and cracked that sucker open, eeewww! It smelled just like that water Grandpa tried to dose us with every morning from the Springs in Steamboat, double eeewww!!!

******************************************

I went to grab a link for Hayden and found that not only does Hayden have its own website but also an entry at Wikipedia! How odd is that? Great photo of the town in 1942 though.
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty