S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Christmas in July

25 July 2007
It's July 25 and Marianna and I are thoroughly enjoying SIRIUS POPS Christmas in July programing today. Such a nice break from this heat and humidity! Snow angels here we come!



In keeping with the spirit of today I devoted a couple of pages in my journal to random thoughts of the Holiday Season. A few things that worked great last year and a few things that didn't, and mostly things I'm pondering for this year. Not very in depth at all - I'll save that for my Seasonal Planner!

****************************************


Dawn has asked about other's Journals and Notebooks, so I thought I'd oblige as I'm in the midst of a huge planning spree right now - big, BIG changes are in the works - more on that in a future post! For now I'll stick with the journal I'm using for this summer.

But really, before I can talk about this summer's journal, I have to acknowledge the inspiration and that would go back to last Christmas and O Night Divine and that humble little planner packet I put together in a three hole folder with cute calendar pages (decorated by me!!!) and dividers for each of the weeks of Advent where I could quickly place an idea or recipe pertinent to that week that I'd ripped out of a magazine.



What with the move and travels and well, life, this entirely useful thing didn't make it past Epiphany even though I really liked it. What replaced it is a super cute Planner from Pier 1 of all places, that has been a great fit with our life. It is cute enough I like to see it around, therefore, it sticks around and is actually used! A few cute stickers sprinkled about help catch the eye for important dates, my mechanical pencil fits nicely in the spine and a few added ribbons for dividers finish this off in a most satisfactory way.

What is not available in this planner is a way to store those idea clippings or to write more than the briefest note for the day. I really enjoyed the space during the holidays to spread out and ramble and reflect on paper.



So out came a super cheap notebook - I'd tried beautifully bound books before and the perfectionist tendencies this brings out are scary - and I taped a favorite photo to the front over the name, address, blah, blah, blah part and a little clipping proclaiming News? over the scan bar. One personalized Journal, coming right up! It and the extras (scissors, tape, glue, pens) all slip so neatly into a gallon sized ziplock bag.



So what do I actually write in this? Well, today it was all about Christmas, of course! Yesterday was simply a listing of Ideas I'd been pondering for school.



Some days I may take two pages and paste in things related to an upcoming event - Our Anniversary! - other days a simple commentary on dinner.



Occasionally the same thing ends up in a blog post too!

It really is a simple way for me to be a tad creative about anything I desire! Now, the nitty-gritty homeschool planning gets its own binder and a potential future post too!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty