S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Diving and the Seashore

30 July 2007
Marianna and I are going to run ourselves through a SCUBA refresher course for the next month. You recall that last February we began our SCUBA lessons while Wyland painted. We are planning on diving much more frequently this Autumn so a little jogging of the memory would not be a bad thing!

I thought it might be interesting to share what we are studying each day, so look forward to a brief SCUBA update daily!

*****************************************


Day One
The 10 Objectives for today:

1. List main features of a dive mask.
2. Describe the difference between a low-volume and a wide-angle mask.
3. Properly fit a mask on yourself.
4. Describe how to equalize pressure with your mask.
5. Describe the difference between a full-foot and an open-heel fin.
6. Properly fit fins on yourself.
7. Identify two types of snorkel.
8. Describe how to clear a snorkel on a dive.
9. Describe when to use seated entries.
10. Describe when to use feet-first entries.

We will hopefully get in the water to practice the Flutter Kick, Scissors Kick, Frog Kick and the Dolphin Kick, four useful kicks that utilyze different muscle groups.

*****************************************


The Loveliness of the Seashore is up at A Wink and a Smile! Marianna, quite adamently I might add, insisted on sending in our Pacific Coast adventures.

Speaking of Pacific Coast adventures, have you been following the Cottage Blessings Golden Gate adventures? The memories! Sea Lions and the Bridge, Missions, and that cold, cold seashore! To think we practically crossed paths in the air!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty