S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

New Year's Eve in Review

02 January 2009
How's the New Year treating you so far? It always seems as if something dramatic happens on the 1st of January for us and this year was no different. Check back tomorrow for the full story, Hal has to preview it to make certain I've got my ducks in a row as he was there too!

Anyway, on to the wrap-up of New Year's Eve!



My lovely pink bike came out to tour the town with us! It really is the only way to get around with all these crowds down here. Traffic has been a nightmare lately and the stores are hellacious! It still seems that most of the tourists are from Europe with a nice sprinkling of Asians thrown into the mix. The exchange rate must have them feeling quite jolly.



So Hal and I worked our way down to the Bourbon Street Pub to check out Sushi and her Red Shoe. We didn't last long there. It was hours before the actual drop but the satellite trucks were crammed into the street and where they weren't...



...bull riding was. So we beat it back down the side street where we'd left our bikes and scooted on outta there!



At the other end of Duval Street the Conch was set up and ready for it's drop. Hal and I had a great time across the street at the Iguana Cafe sitting at the streetside window people-watching but eventually we worked our way back to our favorite Finnegan's Wake and watched the midnight festivities on the TV's there in peace and quiet and comfort.

After which we rode on back to base and the Fly Navy (Army Divers Need the Work) Inn with a room overlooking the mass of humanity trying to navigate the roads home while we sat in peace and comfort with a fine bottle of champagne that we forgot to open at our sides. Ooops! Good thing Epiphany is coming up soon, right? We'll celebrate that in style now! LOL!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty