S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

I'm back and I have an update

05 July 2008
I'm back!!! I traveled all the way to the mainland, stood in a long line at Best Buy, made a terribly difficult decision in the camera department and am now the proud owner of a DSLR Camera!

Wait. Didn't I own a lovely Nikon D40x that was used for the April Showers of Photos? Oh dear, did I neglect to mention a little tumble that D40x decided to take late one night? All the way down the companionway, skittering into Marianna's V-Berth before coming to rest upon the floorboards. That left nothing more than a nice exhibit of the interior mechanisms of a modern lens but the camera itself STILL WORKED. After inspection I put the telephoto lens on the camera and took hundreds of photos that appeared perfect. Hal had wisely gotten all possible warranties, guarantees and even a promise that if it plunged to the bottom of the ocean if he retrieved it and turned it in we'd be a-okay.

So we did. We traveled up to the mainland and tried to turn in the busted lens but they wouldn't take it without the camera, being a packaged deal and all. Thinking it might not be a bad idea to have it checked out even though it appeared to be working fine, I did it. I turned it in. 6 weeks, two phone calls and one personal visit later, I received a phone call. They decided to Junk Out my beloved camera. This meant that all I had to do was bop into the store and pick up a new one. Sounds great except that the D40x is now a retired model.

That left me with either the D40 (same body, 6 megapixels vs. 10, everything else basically the same) or the D60 (10 megapixel replacement for the D40x so basically the same again, but with a slower shutter speed and several hundred dollars more) to choose from.

I went with the D40 and chose the same lenses I had previously (Nikkor 18-55mm and the Nikkor 55-200mm VR) and had a bit of spare change left for an external flash and a fun little tripod.


Exhibited Here


My new camera and my new haircut.

Oh, yes. I also donated 10 inches to Beautiful Lengths this week.


Self-Portraits are so difficult


Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty