Masquerade...the adventure continues

06 October 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton
02 October 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton
06 August 2009 | Herreshoff in Bristol
14 July 2009 | Potter
07 July 2009 | Greenwich Cove
06 July 2009 | Greenwich Bay
02 July 2009 | Greenwich Cove
02 July 2009 | Greenwich Cove
18 June 2009 | Greenwich Cove
18 June 2009 | Greenwich Cove
08 June 2009 | Greenwich Cove
01 June 2009 | Greenwich Cove
28 May 2009 | Shaw's A Dock
26 May 2009 | Taunton River
21 May 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton
21 May 2009 | Shaw's Boatyard in Dighton
13 May 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton
12 May 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton
05 May 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton
06 April 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton

Progress...launch only a week away

12 May 2009 | Shaw's in Dighton
Chris / mild with passing thunderstorm
With the window installation comes the re-varnishing of the interior surrounding cherry woodwork. Bob has filled the holes in the woodwork with rounded cap oak plugs. This has all been sanded and two or three coats of varnish has been applied. That project is now officially finished.

While he was in a varnishing mood the exterior of the main saloon bi-fold door has also been sanded and received two coats of varnish....this time with a brush. (The last time the doors were not yet on the boat and the varnish was sprayed on. Several coats were applied this way but for the exterior finish using a brush to apply the product provides a much better finish.) This will get a day off tomorrow and the final coat will be applied on Thursday.

Today I washed the underside of the cockpit and bridgedeck as well as inside areas of the hulls. I also began polishing some areas and tomorrow we will combine forces to finish the exterior of the hulls as well.

This finish on the boat is so mirror like it is incredible...not much effort is required to keep it clean and shiny...read sun protected.

Thursday will be another day of finishing up odds and ends including marking the rest of the framing that supported the shrink wrap so successfully over the winter. When the weekend rolls around, the plastic will be sliced off and the framing will be removed and stacked in the truck for transport back home to our storage shed.

This means that some time next week we will be launched. We expect to spend a couple of days dockside at Shaw's while we wash the topsides, get the engines running, and load all of the stuff we unloaded in late September. Then we are off to EYC and then on to Greenwich Cove.

The trip down the Taunton River should be nice this time of year as there will not be all that much traffic especially going under the Mount Hope Bridge, which can be a real pain sometimes.

We have decided to return as weekend launch drivers at EGYC. It will be interesting taking the dinghy to work!

Hope to catch up with friends Vicky and (newly minted Captain) Tom Worosz at Norton's as they ready Osprey for another cruise to the Caribbean.

That is it for now. Stay tuned.....

Comments
Vessel Name: Masquerade
Vessel Make/Model: Grainger 37 Cruising Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lincoln RI
Crew: Bob & Chris Kozak
About: We have been sailing on the waters in and around Narragansett Bay and beyond for 30 plus years. We have cruised and raced but now we are only cruising. In mid-July 2008, we launched our new cruising catamaran, a project we have been working on for 12 years.
Extra:
We both started off as early retirees and picked up our launch licenses for something to do on the water while building our new boat. We decided to pursue our captains license and now Bob has his 50T Master with sailing and towing endorsements and Chris has her 100T Master with sailing and towing [...]

'Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.'

Who: Bob & Chris Kozak
Port: Lincoln RI