The Sailabout of Mauliola

WWW.FASTCAT65.COM

18 October 2016 | Nuku Hiva
11 October 2016 | Fatu Hiva, Marquesas
08 October 2016 | Makemo
06 October 2016 | Tahanea
25 September 2016 | Rotoava, Fakarava
25 September 2016 | Rotoava, Fakarava
05 September 2016 | Fakarava
05 September 2016 | Fakarava
01 September 2016 | Fakarava, North Pass.
30 August 2016 | Fakarava, south pass
22 August 2016 | Tahiti
23 October 2015 | Port Denarau
05 October 2015 | Fakarava, south pass
05 October 2015 | Vurolevu Island
26 September 2015 | Matasawalevu Bay
24 September 2015 | Vunisea, Kadavu
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
04 September 2015 | Susui Island

Leaving Palmyra

10 July 2013
C. Farias/beautiful day
Aloha to all. We have had a much needed rest this week here in Palmyra. However, we didn't have the respite we need and deserve from boat problems. Sadly, one of the crew is having to be evacuated in a few days due to a kidney stone issue. Of course there is no medical facilities anywhere around here and he will be going back to Honolulu. Then, to make matters worse, we found out yesterday, as we were getting the boat checked for the next leg of the voyage that one of the daggerboards is broken. We have changed our plans and are going directly to Western Samoa, 1300 miles from here, instead of stoping in Fanning and in in the Cook Islands as it was our original plan. Another wave broke in our way. At least it was not a tsunami. Today I took a walk on the atoll and saw the largest population of crabs I have ever seen. Oh, and the birds. Millions of them. Fairy terns, sooting terns, boobies, frigate birds. I sat and watched them for a long time, dreaming of flying myself. A few nights ago we had the pleasure to have a guided tour by Amanda. She is a biologist and knows all about the wildlife and plants in the atoll. Coconut crabs are abundant here and she showed us one that weights more than 10lbs. We got an education about the crabs and an apreciation for them also. We leave tomorrow morning and you will probably not hear from us until we get to Samoa in 5 to 7 days. All depends on the wind and sea. They rule. Of course Neptune has a hand in this also. Until Samoa, love to all.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mauliola
Vessel Make/Model: Morrelli&Melvin Custom 65' Catamaran
Hailing Port: Hawaii
Crew: Jerry King and Conceicao Farias, owners
About: Conceicao is a Brazilian, Hawaiian by heart, wahine (girl). Conceicao e uma Brasileira, Cearence, Hawaiana de coracao. Jerry is from California, an old Hobie cat sailor, the man with a vision and a mission.
Extra: Our plans: to do a sailabout and come out in the other side of the seas. The South Pacific is our first stop.
Home Page: Https://www.fastcat65.com
Mauliola's Photos - Main
Fiji 2015
7 Photos
Created 16 August 2015
32 Photos
Created 12 June 2015
8 Photos
Created 8 July 2012
3 Photos
Created 24 April 2012