The Sailabout of Mauliola

WWW.FASTCAT65.COM

18 October 2016 | Nuku Hiva
11 October 2016 | Fatu Hiva, Marquesas
08 October 2016 | Makemo
06 October 2016 | Tahanea
25 September 2016 | Rotoava, Fakarava
25 September 2016 | Rotoava, Fakarava
05 September 2016 | Fakarava
05 September 2016 | Fakarava
01 September 2016 | Fakarava, North Pass.
30 August 2016 | Fakarava, south pass
22 August 2016 | Tahiti
23 October 2015 | Port Denarau
05 October 2015 | Fakarava, south pass
05 October 2015 | Vurolevu Island
26 September 2015 | Matasawalevu Bay
24 September 2015 | Vunisea, Kadavu
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
04 September 2015 | Susui Island

New Zealand

13 May 2015 | Doves Bay
C. Farias
Kia ora to all. Yes, we are still afloat. It has been a very long time and lots of water have run, not much under our keel, unfortunately, but we are almost ready to start a new sailing season. Our stay in Aotearoa has been a terrific experience. Lots of good and lots of not so good. New Zealand now takes first place in the list of places we have sailed to. It is a place that was blessed by the Akuas and Mother Nature with an abundance of beauty and sustenance. As one of my sisters said, "God came here last, after he had practiced a lot and created his master piece". At this time we are frantically working on the last details prior to departure. And of course there are always millions of things that needs attention, not to mention that we have a ghost in the boat. I should say a gremlin, having fun, causing trouble and things to malfunction. The anchor light, the running lights and the tricolor light on the mast are out. These are lights required for navigation. We checked those a few weeks ago and they were fine. Lots of other small things have also been touched by the gremlin. I spent the day filling many pages long forms to be sent to Fiji prior to our arrival there and to be ready for the New Zealand officials. We are waiting for a weather window for us to lift anchor and sail North. I will update once we have our dates set. Right now we are at Doves Bay in the North Island of New Zealand (see Google earth for our position). It is a magnificent anchorage although a bit exposed to the wind. Yesterday we had a huge amount of rain and wind. The rain gave us the gift of spetacular rainbows. There were many like this yesterday and today.I will say Bye for now but soon there will be more news. Aloha.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mauliola
Vessel Make/Model: Morrelli&Melvin Custom 65' Catamaran
Hailing Port: Hawaii
Crew: Jerry King and Conceicao Farias, owners
About: Conceicao is a Brazilian, Hawaiian by heart, wahine (girl). Conceicao e uma Brasileira, Cearence, Hawaiana de coracao. Jerry is from California, an old Hobie cat sailor, the man with a vision and a mission.
Extra: Our plans: to do a sailabout and come out in the other side of the seas. The South Pacific is our first stop.
Home Page: Https://www.fastcat65.com
Mauliola's Photos - Main
Fiji 2015
7 Photos
Created 16 August 2015
32 Photos
Created 12 June 2015
8 Photos
Created 8 July 2012
3 Photos
Created 24 April 2012