Life aboard Maxine

09 August 2010
04 July 2010
17 May 2010
17 May 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
26 December 2009
24 December 2009
23 December 2009
23 December 2009
19 December 2009
10 December 2009
09 December 2009
09 December 2009
02 December 2009

Another Rainy Weekend

26 December 2009
November 12, 2009
We got up early and headed to the coast. Well, in Georgia it wasn't raining but the closer we got to NC the harder it rained! By the time we hit Oriental it was pouring. We stopped at The Silos for pizza and then unpacked in the rain, again. After drying off, we watched a movie and turned in early. I hope tomorrow is better.

November 13, 2009
It poured and the wind howled all night. The water at the marina is so high that we now have to jump up to get aboard, usually we step down into the boat. It's unreal, the water is almost up to the docks. WOW. Well, we didn't feel like sailing in the storm so we headed into New Bern. We stopped at West marine and bought an oil changer. Joe hates to change the oil, so maybe this will help. Then we headed over to Capt Ratty's for lunch. It was yummy. When we got back, Joe used his new gadget to change the oil. It was super. He was done in 15 minutes with no mess and no swearing!!! He loves it. We decided on pasta for dinner, and stayed below where it was warm and dry. Rain, Rain go away.....

November 14, 2009
Well, we got up to another rainy day, YUCK! This has been a very rainy year. It seems like everytime we come over for a sailing weekend it rains. We headed downtown and couldn't believe how many areas were flooded. We rode around Oriental, took some pictures and headed back to Pecan Grove. We decided to go out to eat and settled on Gary's Downeast Seafood in Arapahoe. It was yummy. Joe was hoping for fried clams, but they don't eat them in the south, so he got creole catfish which he liked very much. I got scallops which were really good too. After dinner it was back aboard to watch a movie and turn in early.

November 15, 2009
We got up early to more rain and headed home for an uneventful ride. I certainly hope 2010 is not as rainy as 2009 was!
Comments
Vessel Name: Maxine
Vessel Make/Model: 35 Irwin Citation
Hailing Port: Oriental, NC
Crew: Jean & Joe Hurley
About: We are originally from Cape Cod, MA and learned to sail around the cape and Islands. We sailed a Hunter 30 until recently when we bought an Irwin 35 Citation in Tampa, Florida and sailed her to Oriental, NC.
Extra: We live in Flowery Branch, GA but will be commuting to NC for weekends and vacations.

Adventures Aboard Maxine

Who: Jean & Joe Hurley
Port: Oriental, NC