Life aboard Maxine

09 August 2010
04 July 2010
17 May 2010
17 May 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
26 December 2009
24 December 2009
23 December 2009
23 December 2009
19 December 2009
10 December 2009
09 December 2009
09 December 2009
02 December 2009

Boat Show Weekend

17 May 2010
April 15 - April 18

Thursday, I had been selected for a jury and couldn't get away, so Joe was heading over to Oriental alone. He had some chores he wanted to get done. He made good time and arrived mid afternoon. Maxine was fine when he got there. Something we always worry about when we have been away for awhile. The Silos was his choice for dinner, a Blue Cheese Burger.


Friday, This weekend was the 2nd Annual Oriental Boat Show, which is held at Pecan Grove Marina. Today was the opening day and there was alot going on. It was sunny and warm, a perfect boat show day! Joe planned to get some chores done and see some of the boat show. He decided to clean the bilges first and to get a leak in the line to the water pump fixed too. He got those done and headed in to town for lunch at The Oriental Harbor Marina Restaurant. They are building a roof over part of the outside dining area. This will be super when the weather is not nice or when it is too hot. When he got back he spent the afternoon at the boat show. He listened to several lectures on: Sailing Ergonaumics, Canvas Care, and Financing Your Boat Dream. It was a fun and productive day.

Saturday, Joe woke to another sunny warm day in Oriental. He rearranged the lines so that the lazy jack lines now reach the cockpit for easy adjustments. There was a cookout at the marina at lunch time and he went down for hot dogs with our boat neighbors. He spent the afternoon installing shelves in the fore and aft closets so we can organize things better. He made his dinner in the cockpit and then went to visit our friend John on his beautiful Island Packet.


Sunday, Up early and home. A long uneventful ride!
Comments
Vessel Name: Maxine
Vessel Make/Model: 35 Irwin Citation
Hailing Port: Oriental, NC
Crew: Jean & Joe Hurley
About: We are originally from Cape Cod, MA and learned to sail around the cape and Islands. We sailed a Hunter 30 until recently when we bought an Irwin 35 Citation in Tampa, Florida and sailed her to Oriental, NC.
Extra: We live in Flowery Branch, GA but will be commuting to NC for weekends and vacations.

Adventures Aboard Maxine

Who: Jean & Joe Hurley
Port: Oriental, NC