Life aboard Maxine

09 August 2010
04 July 2010
17 May 2010
17 May 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
10 February 2010
26 December 2009
24 December 2009
23 December 2009
23 December 2009
19 December 2009
10 December 2009
09 December 2009
09 December 2009
02 December 2009

A Few More Days Aboard

17 May 2010
May 4 - May 6

Tuesday, May 4th We had agreat visit with our friend dan, but had taken a few more days off so we could stay a little longer. Last night we had heavy rain and thunder storms most of the night. Creepy when you are on a sailboat! This morning was cloudy and humid. No wind to be found so we decide to check out Beaufort by land. We headed down to Minnesott and took the ferry, car and all. It was fun. Well, Minnesott and Beaufort are both small towns will very little to see, especially in the rain. We headed back and ended up in New Bern where we had dinner at a restaurant called MJ's. They had great seafood, not like home but very good for southern seafood.

Wednesday, May 5th I had been fighting a cold? the whole time Dan was visiting and woke up feeling miserable, with laryngitis after coughing all night. We decide to head home. What's one more day??? We had a nice trip until the police caught Joe speeding and gave him a ticket. Oops! I think he is going to fight it as he was going with the flow of traffic. I don't know if that will help but it may be worth a try. We were out of state and they seem to like to ticket visitors!!! We got home safe anyway.
Comments
Vessel Name: Maxine
Vessel Make/Model: 35 Irwin Citation
Hailing Port: Oriental, NC
Crew: Jean & Joe Hurley
About: We are originally from Cape Cod, MA and learned to sail around the cape and Islands. We sailed a Hunter 30 until recently when we bought an Irwin 35 Citation in Tampa, Florida and sailed her to Oriental, NC.
Extra: We live in Flowery Branch, GA but will be commuting to NC for weekends and vacations.

Adventures Aboard Maxine

Who: Jean & Joe Hurley
Port: Oriental, NC