Mazu II

Adventures on MAZU

28 October 2022
26 October 2022 | Gulf Harbour Marina
26 October 2022 | Gulf Harbour Marina
22 October 2022
21 October 2022
21 October 2022
21 October 2022
08 October 2022
05 October 2022 | Norsands Marina Whangarei NZ
15 August 2022
27 December 2018 | Jamieson Bay, Mahurangi New Zealand
20 December 2018 | Matapouri New Zealand
20 December 2018 | Tutukaka New Zealand
18 December 2018 | Departing Bay of Islands

Peter has Workshop Envy after visit to IETA

08 May 2018 | Rikitea, Gambier Islands French Polynesia
Sandra
Peter was very interested in seeing the motor cat IETA and even more so after I described her to him after the girls chic flick night.

Cheron and Peter invited us over the next evening for cocktails. We promised we wouldn't stay all night like the night before but we did enjoy each other's company so much that we stayed over 3 hours. Cheron is South African and left there on a sail boat just a couple of years after Peter did. They reminisced about their beautiful country and sailors whom they both knew. I brought up the storey of the provisions I had made for Peter to go with the "Popcorn, Chewing gum" song and Peter sang it for her. Cheron started singing along and was surprised that the words all came back to her as she had forgotten that she knew them. Cheron's husband Peter just celebrated his 80th birthday and he is a going concern. He is still running companies from his office in their yacht. Both have extensive sailing histories on luxury monohauls including an Oyster and a Swan. They purchased IETA, the motor cat just 9 months ago in Fakarava and are embracing the transition to a flat motor yacht.

IETA sits like a piece of modern art, sleek and military gray. She is a custom designed by an architect (not Marine) and it shows. When we approached the aft hulls both are open like garage doors large enough to fit the dinghy right inside but of course raised above the water. The port side is set up with their exercise bike while the Starboard side holds their kayak, diving equipment and stacks of other miscellaneous storage. Forward of the "garages" are small sleeping quarters. The starboard one has been set up as a music room with Cheron's electronic keyboard. Forward of the cabins are on the starboard side a laundry room and engine and technical systems room and on the port side a full workshop with bench. Since it is a cat and doesn't heal over all of the tools are set out like a proper workshop. I have a great photo of the Peters both beaming in the workshop but unfortunately the wifi is not working so I have to wait to post it. The forward portions of the two hulls are large estate rooms with ensuite bathrooms. I could be a very comfortable guest here. And that is just the lower level.

The main level has a large open air covered dining area with bar and sink, a full size kitchen with pantry and dining area and then the curved salon surrounded by windows in every direction. Then outside the foredeck is a lovely patio.

A curved staircase leads to the upper bridge level which has two large captain chairs surrounded by navigational equipment and systems.

This 72' catamaran is pretty much a full size house. Very impressive and lovely just like its owners.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mazu II
Vessel Make/Model: Sinek 43
Hailing Port: Stevenson, WA USA
Crew: Peter Cosmann
Extra: Mazu II has a new owner! Stephen Gray from Stevenson, WA I will be delivering Mazu from New Zealand to Hawaii starting October/November 2022 and completing the second portion of the voyage to WA in early summer 2023.
Mazu II's Photos - Main
Sailing French Polynesia to New Zealand
74 Photos
Created 17 April 2018
Two months starting in Sydney, B.C. up the east coast of Vancouver Island through the inside passage and down the west coast of the island.
60 Photos
Created 30 March 2018
Our families came from Canada, New Zealand and South Africa to celebrate our wedding with us.
42 Photos
Created 29 January 2018
3 Photos
Created 21 October 2016