20 May 2007
29 June 2006
26 June 2006
21 June 2006
20 June 2006
20 June 2006
20 June 2006
20 June 2006
20 June 2006
20 June 2006
20 June 2006
20 June 2006

Worldwide port details?

05 October 2005
JeanneP
QUESTION:
Website for entry, anchoring and docking fees world wide?

ANSWER:
For entry fees, Noonsite (www.noonsite.com) is fairly comprehensive, though it's difficult to keep this information up to date and accurate. I know of no site that provides comprehensive information on anchoring or docking fees. For most places anchoring remains free. Exceptions are often local (for example, some islands in the San Blas Islands off Panama, some areas of the Solomon Islands).

For the various places you might want to visit you can often find a cruising guide, sometimes assembled by local cruisers, sometimes for sale.

Another source of information is the Seven Seas Cruising Association (www.ssca.org), which sells a CD of the past 8 years of Commodore's Bulletins, which is completely searchable. This is letters written by cruisers for the Bulletin, and is 100% information. We are members of the SSCA, and have often obtained information from the Bulletin that is found nowhere else.

In general, the various cruising web sites, such as the Cruiser Log, are a good source of up to date information from people who are out there cruising. A good feature of Cruiser Log's Forum is that you can 'check' for an email notification of any postings (replies) to your question.
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Fizz
Hailing Port: THE TROPICS
About: Jeanne and Peter Pockel - Cruising in the Tropics
Extra: We left Boston in 1986 to go cruising for a few years. Sixteen years later we are still "cruising for a few years".
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/melon/?xjMsgID=3624

YACHT WATERMELON

Port: THE TROPICS