Sail Meridian

The beginning of our Grand Adventure... or folly... we'll let you know!

20 January 2010 | Brisbane, Australia
14 January 2010 | Brisbane, Australia
24 December 2009 | Brisbane, Australia
12 December 2009 | underway
22 November 2009 | Noumea, New Caledonia
14 November 2009 | Noumea, New Caledonia
07 November 2009 | Ile Uere, New Caledonia
05 November 2009 | Espirito Santo, Vanuatu
21 October 2009 | Aore Island, Vanuatu
19 October 2009 | Peterson Bay, Espirito Santo
09 October 2009 | Espirito Santo
25 September 2009 | Tanna, Vanuatu
11 September 2009 | Vuda Point, Viti Levu, Fiji
13 August 2009 | Navadra, Fiji
24 July 2009 | Malolo Lailai, Fiji
29 June 2009 | Yadua Island, Fiji
26 June 2009 | Yadua Island, Fiji
10 June 2009 | Savusavu, Fiji
27 May 2009
19 May 2009 | Whangamumu, New Zealand

Las Hadas

07 February 2008 | Bahia Manzanillo, Mexico
Nancy
Sorry for the delay in updates. We had a bit of laziness followed by a bit of "no internet".

We left Barre on January 23rd and moved about 20 miles down the coast to Manzanillo Bay. We anchored in front of the Las Hadas resort- made famous some years ago as the setting for the movie "10". It was a perfect anchorage: not too crowded, not too swelly, with just enough breeze to keep you cool and the bugs away. Also, for a small fee we were allowed to tie our dinghy in the Las Hadas Marina and make use of the pool and private beach.

The Super Walmart and Commercial Mexicano (a large modern supermarket) are a short cab ride away and we made several trips to replenish our pantry. We prefer the more modern grocery stores to the traditional open-air "mercados" (markets) selling everything from clothing to produce to fresh meat. Maybe it has something to do with the flies buzzing around the freshly slaughtered pig's head. Hmmmm.

Not long after our arrival, Imagine arrived and anchored nearby. So Maddie and Sophie were able to renew their friendship with Emma while John and I enjoyed getting to know Andy and Sandy better. They're a lot of fun to be around and as their cruise plans match ours pretty closely we know we'll be seeing them quite a bit.

We spent over a week in Las Hadas doing school in the morning and bouncing between the pool and the beach in the afternoons, with an occasional shopping trip to the Walmart, CoMex, or the fishing store/chandlery that Imagine discovered. After several trips there we had nicely rounded out our fishing tackle- including a couple of rods for the girls.
Comments
Vessel Name: Meridian
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 48CC
Hailing Port: Napa, CA