Merry Mac II Florida to POW 2023

Herrington Harbour South to Annapolis

We had a short day ahead of us so everyone got a chance to sleep in before setting sail about 9:30. We stopped briefly at the fuel dock to top off the fuel tank and get a pump out before heading north out of the harbor. While still in the channel out we raised the sails since the wind was on our nose and then we turned to the northeast and killed the engine. It was a nice clear day as we went close hauled in the 10-15 knot breeze. This was Chuck Jackson’s first day aboard so Chris and I gave him the helm quickly and he looked completely at ease navigating across the Chesapeake toward the eastern islands. We got deep into conversation throughout the day with occasional breaks to tack but we never needed the engine till it was time to enter the channel into the Back Creek in Annapolis. Before that happened we were treated to a practice show by the Blue Angels as they prepared for the upcoming graduation ceremony at the Naval Academy. It was extraordinary watching these acrobats fly in formation around us with the loud roar following miles behind them. It was also amazing the boat traffic coming and going in the harbor at 4:00 pm on a Tuesday afternoon. This is truly a boaters paradise. We final reached the Annapolis Landing Marina and tied up in our slip. We were met soon after by our wives who had spent the day sightseeing and enjoying a “high tea” together. We checked into the hotel and rested before enjoying a lovely out dinner watching the sunset over the busy harbor. Did I mention that this is a boater’s paradise?

Comments