Sailing with Skipper Dan

Sailing Lake Sakakawea ND

30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
29 August 2017

Re-doing the windows

30 August 2017
The windows on this boat are not great. I redid them and they still leaked. Next winter I am going to make new ones larger and just screw them to the hull. The design of the boat is good but is was never intended to be a very expensive boat. It would be nice to have opening ports but there is enough air flow that they are not really needed. Above all I want a boat that does not leak when it rains!

30 August 2017
Once the hull was water proof I worked on it each weekend. constructing a new interior, removing the stanchions and filling the holes as I was not going to use them again. There is just no room to walk on the outer deck with stanchions. I also filled in the motor mount on the rear transom. Shortened up the port locker which gave me a nice large aft locker. In this locker I can store a small generator and two cans of fuel if I need to.

First things First

30 August 2017
Gut it out! There is so much room when you take everything out. I would do it different if I was going to solo, but my plan is for a couple. I took out all the rotten wood and replaced with marine plywood or 3/4" Luan plywood if it was to be a finished piece. Dry it out each weekend. I was able to take it to the shop each weekend, warm it up and dry it out. At the same time I redid the fore deck with beefed up marine ply 1.5" total thickness. This is where I mounted the new bollard. I also removed the rails, cleaned and filled the gaps with fiberglass. The previous owner glued carpet to everything so it took a lot of work to remove. After a few weekends it cleaned up nice.

29 August 2017
Hello thanks for visiting. This is my ride... 1980 Chrysler C26. This boat really amazed me, it was not in that good of shape when I purchased her sight unseen. She was however a very solid boat. Very roomy, rather sturdy, a very good design overall. She did not come with any sails that matched so I redid the main into more of a storm or extra sail. Purchased a used 100% jib online, which will work for the first year. I made some modifications to the hull also. Mainly taking out the anchor locker and beefing this area up with 1 1/2" of marine plywood and fiber-glassing over. I also installed a bollard in that same area as well as a pvc pipe to accept the anchor rode to below deck. All new LED lighting. My biggest project was the Homemade Electric saildrive.My New Ride
Vessel Name: Mi Amor
Gallery Error: Unknown Album [1:]:40463
Mi Amor's Photos -