Midnight Breeze

The Adventure Continues: 1.5 Years and Counting;We're Almost There! Join Us for That Final Push.

About Us

Who: Dave and Mary
Port: Annapolis, MD
19 April 2012 | Pikeville, MD
21 January 2012 | Annapolis
03 November 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
15 October 2011 | Pikesville, MD
23 September 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
04 September 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
27 August 2011 | Pikesville, MD
27 August 2011 | Stevensville, MD
25 August 2011 | Stevensville, MD
23 July 2011 | Solomons Island
16 July 2011 | Chesapeak Bay
16 July 2011 | St. Michaels
16 July 2011 | St. Michaels
15 July 2011 | St. Michaels
23 June 2011 | Miles River
11 June 2011 | Miles River
21 May 2011 | Annpolis
21 May 2011
28 February 2011 | Annapolis, MD

THE BIG DAY!

25 July 2010 | Bay Bridge Marina
Dave/Sunny and Hot!
STARDATE: 07252010.0127
Well, I am no longer a single man and for one, glad all the hustle and bustle is over with. Everything went as planned and we were only 20 minutes late getting started due to some invited guests getting stuck on the Bay Bridge due to traffic. Here is how it went....Thursday morning at 0800 hours Mary and I left home port (Bay Bridge Marina) and headed for St. Michaels, MD for a honeymoon. Five hours later we dropped anchor next to the St. Michaels Harbor Inn and had the anchorage to ourselves, at least for a little while. We put the dinghy in the water but the new Nissan 6 horsepower four stroke we just bought would not idle properly. We had no problem getting it started but had to give it a little gas to keep it running. (We later found out that there was oil in the carburetor from us laying the motor down on the wrong side.) The sail over was just great! We never had the engine on the whole time except for leaving the marina and anchoring when we got there. We averaged just over 5 knots for the trip over. The first item on the agenda was a drink to celebrate, so we headed into town and stopped at the TIKI bar at the Steak and Sea Food restaurant across from the Harbor Inn. Then I took Mary on a tour of the town while we headed for the Crab House for dinner. After a full meal, we both had lobster; we headed back to Midnight Breeze for the night setting up the next day for a full day of window shopping. On the trip over we had 20-25 knot winds from the northwest and put the rail in the water once. We later found out that a small craft advisory had been issued. Now, I did listen to the weather before we departed and there was nothing said about a small craft advisory. Over the next two days the wind was to die down to 5-10 knots. Friday, turned out to a beautiful day and the small craft advisory was lifted around 3pm. This, I hoped, would set up an easy sail back home. Mary was looking for a pedicure and could not get an appointment anywhere. We were getting ready to head back to the boat and I recommended that we first get a drink at the Harbor Inn that way she could check with the Inn about her pedicure. She could not get a pedicure but was able to get a four pm appointment the next day for a massage. So after shopping all day on Friday, we went back to the Harbor Inn and while she got her massage I went to the bar and watched world cup soccer match between the Netherlands and somebody, and downed a few cold ones. She wanted me to get a massage with her but I just don't like people touching my body. Never had a massage and don't want one! Now, I don't mind Mary giving me a massage, as a hair stylist she also has her license in massage therapy! Saturday dawned with variable winds from the west. We upped anchor around 8am had the sails up at 8:30am. We got as far as the Eastern Bay and the wind died. So we started the iron horse up and ended up motoring the rest of the way home. After six hours we pulled into our slip and headed for a refreshing dip in the pool. Later, Mary did go out and get her pedicure that evening. Sunday, July 4th dawned bright and hot and we were both running around getting things ready for the wedding service at 3pm. Of all the things I remembered to bring I forgot a razor. Ended up using Mary's and should have just left the stubble on. As I said above, everything went off just fine. Mary surprised me with a different wedding ring than what we had bought together. It is really nice! Now what to do with the other one! We all had a great time. Monday was cleanup day and while Mary cleaned up down below I did the topsides. And we both just lazed the rest of the day away at the pool. Tuesday we headed back home, Mary had to get to work by four I was still off until Wednesday. A fun time was had by all. Check the gallery out for some of the wedding day pictures. I'll have more to add later as I receive them from friends. We did not hire a photographer, been there done that, don't want it this time.
What's on the horizon? Stay tuned! I have another overnight trip planned in a couple of weeks. Just have not decided where I want to take Mary.
Dave
Comments
Vessel Name: Midnight Breeze
Vessel Make/Model: 2011 Beneteau 43
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Dave and Mary
About: Dave is from the junk food capital of the world--Hanover, Pa. Mary is from Pikesville, Md. We plan to outfit Midnight Breeze over the next 1.5 years while cruising the Chesapeake Bay. We'll then cast off our lines and head south for the adventure we have always dreamed of.
Extra: Join us on our path to retirement. Help us along the way with your ideas and suggestions. And just maybe, somewhere in time we shall meet. To quote a nice phrase..."We are going cruising not to escape from life but to keep life from escaping us." (Betsy Holman)

About Us

Who: Dave and Mary
Port: Annapolis, MD