The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

Escape Velocity From Vero!

20 April 2017 | Cocoa Beach Fl
Partly cloudy 84
We finally left Vero today....just 3 days later than planned. Horizon Chaser had some personal things to take care of and a balky toilet they had to deal with, so we stayed with them a few extra days. Well today we were to leave together but they had head problems again and decided to stay an extra day. Update, they now are staying through Monday because it is much cheaper than anywhere else and they are killing time before they get to Marineland May 3rd where they are leaving their boat for awhile as they head home for their daughters college graduation. Velcro Beach has ahold of them now....prayers everyone! Lol. The last couple of days have been pretty great. We did meet up with John Bacon, son of Jack and Carol who we saw in Cape Coral. Its been 15 years since we last saw John on Lake Champlain. He now lives in the Vero area with his girlfriend and is doing very well. He even helped Dan on Horizon Chaser replace his head. John works at West Marine and gave Dan a ride to the Ft Pierce store to get the new potty. Like I said....Horizon Chaser had some issues. Lol. Donna and I met John for cocktails and dinner over at the Vero Beach Yacht Club after we got back from Ft Pierce. We had a lot of laughs and Donna loved the chicken pot pie. Thanks again John and we'll see you in the fall! Yesterday Donna took the free bus to town to shop most of the day while Dylan and I just hung out on Mighty Fine.....relaxing day. We cooked up some sliders for supper and got ready to leave this morning. Today we had the ICW pretty much to ourselves except for some dolohin friends who took a ride with us for a mile or so....very cool. The 52 mile trip took about 6 hours and once we got here we dropped the hook on the Merriit Island side of The ICW for wind protection from the east. Its blown out of the east for days and days! Instead of going in to Cocoa beach, we dinghied to the Merritt Island side and walked to West Marine and wait for it......we splurged and bought some Wendy's food to go, for supper! We know how to live! Tomorrow we are off to New Smyrna Beach, another 50 mile jog, for a two day stay at the city Marina. After that, we have a change in plans.....we are going to Palm Coast instead of Marineland so we can see the Benz's easier. Get ready Tom, Marti and Molly the dog, we're coming! Can't wait to see them. Thats all for now!

Fair winds and Calm Seas

Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas