The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

It's been Awhile...so Time to Catch Up!

04 June 2017 | Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach S.C.
Craig, 85-95, Stinking hot! Humid too!
Hey dear readers, its been almost 3 weeks since my last confession! LOL! It's been pretty quiet at Osprey Marina. We rented a car and drove to Deltaville to get our car and bring it down here. Donna was a trooper and drove the rental back to S.C. so we wouldn't have a $250.00 drop charge for a one way trip. It is the longest distance she has ever driven in one day....almost 400 miles! The car had a dead battery after being there all winter so I had to go to the local NAPA at 5:30 pm and buy some jumper cables. Otherwise we would have been stuck over night and try to start it in the morning. Anyway, it all worked out, the car started finally and we drove 100 miles back to south of Richmond and stayed in a Bayview Suites that allowed pets...Dylan was very happy! First time sleeping on land since last Sept! The next day we drove all the way back to Osprey and dropped off the rental which I was driving with Dylan. It has been great having the car as it has allowed us to go shopping, to movies and the beach while we are here. We have had cocktails with several cruisers passing through heading north.. Feels weird watching them go while we stay here but the fact we aren't moving saves lots of engine hours and wear and tear on the boat and saves us money.....no fuel costs! The fact that the water is fresh here and the staff is great is also a plus and they will carefully watch Mighty Fine while we are up norh exploring the Maritimes of Canada after a month in Vt. Larry and Marge from Travellin' L&M wil be here in a month and we should see them when we come back in Sept. We've also been out to dinner and a movie with Yasmine and Roy, who we met in Marathon. They also keep their Catamaran Yasmine Anne at the Marina for the summer. We will all be heading back to Marathon this fall and winter! So we will have some boat buddies....speaking of boat Buddies, Mar-a-Lago has been pouring on the coal through some pretty crappy weather and are almost all the way up the Hudson in Catskill today. Almost to the Erie Canal and Lake Ontario and home to Toronto. We miss them dearly and hope to see them sometime in the near future....maybe Waterford at the start of the Erie, by car.....slow down guys...we will be there by next Friday! Lol. The last few days we have been getting the boat ready for summer by purchasing a dehumidifier, cleaning up and moving stuff we will need in the RV to the car. We leave for Charlotte NC on Tuesday to visit Donna's sister Val and her husband Norm where we will stay for a couple of days. After that, we will take 2 days to get to Vt and the RV which is at our friend Harold and Julie's auto repair business. Not sure we could do this without the help of our friends and family...thank you everybody! We will visit family and friends while staying at River Bend Campground in New Haven Vt. Annual Drs appointment, Dentists, and Veternarian will also be on the schedule. Then its off to Maine and Canada with our friends the McGuires, John and Lisa as we tour the Canadian Maritimes , Old Orchard Beach and Acadia National Park. They have a C class RV like ours and they also will be towing their car so we will be very mobile! Gonna be a busy summer....buckle up! I will blog when I can but not sure about phone connection in Canada. Lastly, a frienfs Boat called Tadhanna will be cruising Lake Champlain for the next month, Tom and Christina are the captains. This is there first boat trip on the lake so give them a shout out if you see them...especially you RSYC people at point Bay Marina, our old stomping grounds...thats all for now, have a great summer everybody!
Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas